Guest viewing is limited

TKR 5 Years Post Op

Great to hear this. We're off on a cruise soon to be followed by TKR 2. Oh dear.
Look after your other knee...
 
It’s been a little over 5 years since my left knee replacement. I’ve been feeling a pinching pain and soreness feeling along the outside of my thigh. I remember feeling this when I was recovering from the knee replacement and at a guess I thought it was from where the implant was in the thigh bone, but I may be wrong, I’m not a doctor . I was just wondering if anyone else has felt this feeling so many years after? I’ve been experiencing this enough where I believe that I will have to get someone to take a look at it but I’m not sure if I should just see my doctor or if it is associated with the implant, I should be contacting the surgeon instead. I do have issues with my hips, I guess they are next on the list to get replaced so it may have something to do about that too. ‍
Like I said I’m curious if this is ‘normal‘ for some or not.
Thanks!
 
Hello @dvannie,
You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together since your new problem is about this same left knee. It's best if members in recovery only have one thread per knee. We find it much easier for everyone.
This is because:
  • That way, you have all your information in one place. This makes it easier for others to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you start new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. We won't miss your new question as, between us, the staff read all new posts each day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions for finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts?

A helpful hint - Many members have found it useful to bookmark their thread so they don't lose it.
 
My TKR was in 2016 and sometimes I still have pain here or there in the knee. My doctor told me that I'd never be pain-free, but a lot better. This is true for me. If you want to see a doctor about it, I think it should be your surgeon, not your GP. He would know a lot more about your knee than a primary care doctor would.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom