Sara61
Staff member since March 23, 2020
- Joined
- Oct 1, 2019
- Messages
- 2,957
- Gender
- Female
- Country
Portugal
Today I had my final visit with my surgeon, typical the click was nowhere to be seen or heard, the knee bent perfectly, measured at 137 and extension of O which he said is excellent for a 3 month old knee, my knee even bent from standing- kinda made me look a bit foolish as I explained the symptoms I had, had and the trouble with the bending and straightening, however my knee didn't exhibit any of these problems today.
He has said I need to stop limping & to not use a crutch and I am to concentrate on relearning to walk correctly as otherwise a bad habit will form.
Admittedly my knee feels better than it has in a long while, maybe I have turned " the corner" possibly the internal swelling has reduced as I have very little pain, apart from the anti-inflamatory pills I am not taking any other medication.
I even managed to drive the car part way home with no issues whatsoever, I even practiced an emergency stop and the knee behaved well, I will start doing little journeys close by to regain confidence
Praying this will continue, almost scared to hold my breath thou, let's see how tomorrow fares.
He has said I need to stop limping & to not use a crutch and I am to concentrate on relearning to walk correctly as otherwise a bad habit will form.
Admittedly my knee feels better than it has in a long while, maybe I have turned " the corner" possibly the internal swelling has reduced as I have very little pain, apart from the anti-inflamatory pills I am not taking any other medication.
I even managed to drive the car part way home with no issues whatsoever, I even practiced an emergency stop and the knee behaved well, I will start doing little journeys close by to regain confidence

Praying this will continue, almost scared to hold my breath thou, let's see how tomorrow fares.



All in all great news though!
at least I know better but... Last night we were invited out to dinner so having felt so good the last couple of days, I decided its time to ditch the slouch wear, so I put on my jeans and Dr.Martin combat boots, both felt comfortable and we had a fun evening out with friends. Today everything hurts my knee feels like its been run over, the tight band has come back with a vengeance so currently icing ( I chose a glass of wine over pain meds at lunch today) Thankfully we've a quiet weekend ahead.
.
Have a good rest of your weekend.