Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

Well now, they rescheduled my revision for August 15th. Not the best news. As much as I am not looking forward to it I just wanted it to be over. Terrible thing to have to put yourself through so much pain to get out of the pain you have. Now I have to wait 4 more weeks. :gaah::hairpulling::chinstroke: So I guess that moves me back to the August group. Did read some of the revision threads so I know a little more. They are very helpful.
 
I’m sorry @Tesjohn I understand your frustration and desire to get it over with and on with healing. We’ll move you to the August surgery list and edit your signature. Wishing you lots of comfort as you wait.
 
Sorry to be a pain!!!! Hope I don’t have to make any more changes. Still reading and reading. So much to cover. Seems like the recuperation from the revision is pretty much the same as the replacement was. Maybe a little harder from what I’m seeing but not much.
 
Oh, by the way….I was told by someone that I should eat plenty of yogurt. Understand the calcium part but have not seen that posted anywhere. Anyone else ever been told that????
 
I didn't read it anywhere but it just made sense to me post-op. The antibiotics and other meds have to deplete the good bacteria so yogurt helps build the good stuff back.
 
I was told by someone that I should eat plenty of yogurt.

Yes! Yogurt is high in protein, calcium and is a probiotic food. Fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, kimchi, etc. contain healthy bacteria (probiotics) that will enhance your gut biome.

Recent health research has shown that a healthy gut improves immunity and our ability to recover from injury and illness. So adding these to your diet right now and continuing to eat them post-op will help you with your recovery from your upcoming surgery.
 
Thanks @benne68 and@Eman85, I did start and will eat at least one container every day. Anything to help recovery!!!! Anything that will aid is definitely worth a try….and i am a yogurt fan so….it’s not a hard thing to do!!!!!
 
@Tesjohn Hi there! Looks like we share a surgery date....August 15th. Its my second revision, the first one was January 3rd and the original THR was 5 years ago. I haven't walked in almost a year, that's when the femoral component punched through the acetabulum. It was also only 3 months after I retired....sigh. Well, best of luck and see ya on the other side!
 
Hello and Happy Friday @Tesjohn
You're almost there! Only one weekend to go. I hope you're ready and looking forward to having surgery behind you and beginning the healing part. Best wishes only!
 
@Mojo333 , @Layla , thanks for the thoughts. Have been ridiculously busy lately for some reason, haven’t been on here, but today is slow and it all sinking in. For some reason I am very nervous this time…worse than any other of my surgeries…...I have butterflies in my belly!!!!!! After reading the post from @danelady, I feel bad for complaining like I do. My dear lady, you have been through hell and back. Wishing you tons of luck and good wishes for Monday. Keep me posted. I will be thinking about you. Wishing you all the best….talk to you soon…
 
You're going to do great! :thumb:
I like your new avatar! Will be watching for your first update.
@Tesjohn
 
You are right. I am going to do great…positive attitude. My todays upset is I lost my pup, Lili was my 18 1/2 year old bichon. Her heart gave out this morning but she gave it all. She was always my recuperation buddy…… really gonna miss that little girl…my heart hurts this morning…..
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 2nd hip replacement
    EAC68A54-D8F8-46EF-8E34-F5AAC84506EF.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 83
oh @Tesjohn
My heart aches for you.:console2:
I lost my little Shihtzu last year (Mojo) and he was 17 1/2 years old.
It still feels very strange not to have him here although I know he was getting very old and uncomfortable.
Big Hugs XXX
 
Yes, they easily become the center of your household. She was having trouble getting around…I used to cringe almost every step she took. She was filled with arthritis and she was just soooo tired. It was time, but so hard.@mojo333. Thanks for the hugs…
 
Wishing you all the best as you get back on the road to happy and healthy.
Healing hugs in advance:friends:
 
So, surgery done. Woke up not too bad. Having a tough time with pain meds. I always get sick from pills, they have me on Zofran trying to combat the dizziness and nausea. So far it’s tough regulating. Blood pressure is low. Not the worse day in the world but certainly not the best. I hip itself is not to painful right now. They used a bigger plate and put an extra screw hoping to prevent its movement this time. If I can stop the throwing up and dizziness it will be a much better day today. Probably going home if it is a little better. Have to set up pt. Hoping they can come to me as I live on second floor. They did the last two times…we all know what comes next…time, rest, comfort, ice……everyday. One day at a time…..
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom