Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

Welcome to the other side again @Tesjohn ! Hope that Zofran kicks in soon. Don't feel rushed to go home. You need your pain managed and to feel confident getting around on your own.
 
Happy to hear surgery is behind you, don't rush to go home, get yourself regulated with meds and nausea, even BP, you don't want to feel weak and low BP can make you dizzy and weak as well as the meds.
Especially if you have to get up a flight of stairs.
Keep us posted, you know rest and ice is in your foreseeable future.
All my best.
 
I’m glad that your surgery is done and I hope that you are more comfortable today.
 
Last edited:
So glad to see your update...:) :-) (:
This is the rough part, for sure.
Hope you can sleep that an anesthesia yuck off as much as you can.
Hugsxxx
 
Good Morning Tesjohn,
It's nice to see your post on the healing side bright and early this morning. I wish you felt better. I'm sorry to read about the nausea and dizziness and hope it eases soon so you're able to rest comfortably in your recovery nest.
Safe travels home!
@Tesjohn
 
You are right. I am going to do great…positive attitude. My todays upset is I lost my pup, Lili was my 18 1/2 year old bichon. Her heart gave out this morning but she gave it all. She was always my recuperation buddy…… really gonna miss that little girl…my heart hurts this morning…..
Oh dear, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My friends next door are caring for my dog and just one day away from her is hurting my heart. Condolences. ❤️
 
Aww Tesjohn :console2: I missed your post a few days ago about your losing your sweet furry girl. I am so sorry.
Such a sweet face!
I hope you're doing okay today and you're resting back at home.
Hugs
@Tesjohn
 
Well, I am home in my chair. The nausea has improved and managing meds a little better. Still there but not so bad. Thanks for all the
You are right. I am going to do great…positive attitude. My todays upset is I lost my pup, Lili was my 18 1/2 year old bichon. Her heart gave out this morning but she gave it all. She was always my recuperation buddy…… really gonna miss that little girl…my heart hurts this morning…..
Oh dear, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My friends next door are caring for my dog and just one day away from her is hurting my heart.
 
Well, I messed that up pretty good…lol….I am home in my chair and the med timing is starting to work. Hard for me to figure out this time I think. Nausea has improved but still present. Hip is sore but right now I can handle it. Thanks for all the kind words…regarding my Lili and the fact that surgery is over. I am also glad it is behind me now and am looking ahead hopefully to a better outcome. I am still so very tired and fuzzy headed. It’s time to start moving around a bit but all I want to do is sleep:sleep::sleep: post later. Came home to a home without my pup is so hard to handle…the timing certainly did suck. Any time would have been bad but
:beg:
 
I imagine it does feel like a double whammy, the loss of Lili along with the temporary loss of your independence. Thankfully you know the physical pain will ease, just as the emotional pain of your loss and the memories of, Lili, will eventually bring smiles over tears.
Big hugs to you. I hope today is a peaceful one.
@Tesjohn
 
New experience for me….I developed a bleed last night. Had to call nursing. It bled slowly most of the night. Nurse came today to put new dressing on it. Thought it was a small hematoma. Finally got it stopped. A bit scary for me. Naturally on the week-end,,,,told to stop exercises. Dr office is supposed to call me in the morning to see how it is.
 
Just checked my bandage… bleeding again… this might call for a trip to the hospital. Starting to come through bandages……I have no pain or anything…just bleeding….. calling my husband to check it further….
 
@Tesjohn How are you doing? I saw on another thread that you had a bleed. Hope all is well now!
 
I guess everything is fine. They just keep redressing it. I have bled through three times since I’m home….seems to have slowed down for now but that has been happening right through. It slows down and all of a sudden it’s soaked. Last night I bled through and went to ER to have it looked at. They did bloodwork and an e ray and found nothing of concern so I guess I just wait it out. @Jaycey
 
@Tesjohn What does your surgeon say about this? Drainage is not uncommon. But if it keeps on happen it sure is (at the least) inconvenient! Please make sure your surgeon's office knows this is happening.
 
@Tesjohn
I‘m sorry you’re having an issue with this bleeding. I agree with Jaycey, be sure your surgeon knows about it.

I moved your posts above, about the bleeding, to your own recovery thread.
 
Surgeon knows about the bleeding. Says it is normal because he used the same incision to go back in and that takes longer to heal. Did not know about that ahead of time…..
 
Last edited:
This is my recovery thread…right???
It is indeed! All your posts in your threads have a light blue background and the designator OP appears in a banner across your avatar.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom