Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

Surgeon had me come in to check bleeding and change bandage. He stopped PT until Monday. Said it is harder to stop bleeding from revision cause of going in through same incision. I still walk as much as I can. I saw the incision and it actually looks pretty good. Pain is minimal at this point.. I do not see any fresh blood since yesterday. Feeling optimistic. Staples are to come out next Wednesday. After that I hope to be able to do more. I have been doing some of the exercises on my own.
 
Ok I give up. Just went to the bathroom…scratch that last statement about being no new blood. Actually there is quite a bit this morning. Don’t understand. I don’t seem to be seeing too much of this from anyone else or am I missing it. Not too optimistic right now and that just changed in the last few minutes. Stopping all movement except walks to the bathroom. Will call doctor again..should I be scared???? I was only doing foot pumps and slight stretching. Nothing over the top!
 
Hi Tesjohn,
I'm sorry you're struggling with the bleeding and hope you received some reassurance from your surgeon's office by now. Please update us when you have time. Hopefully this eases for you soon. :console2:
@Tesjohn
 
Sent pics to the dr this morning and he says unfortunately this happens with revisions. Now wants dressing changed daily. Visiting nurses do that. So it doesn’t seem like anyone is worried about it except me! Does anyone know anyone else going through this??? I have not seen any posts about bleeding unless it’s because I don’t know where to look. I am probably panic stricken, but to me the color, bright red, is scary and it keeps coming through. No more exercise at all.
 
I understand your anxiety, but doubt your surgeon is going to ignore something he considers serious. You will be under the watchful eye of the visiting nurse, possibly a few different nurses, hopefully they will offer you some reassurance also. Try to relax and take it one day at a time. I'm guessing it will resolve soon.
@Tesjohn
 
The nurse was just here. Said the same thing..not to panic. Said it looks worse than it is…other than that I am doing really well. It’s got to be done soon it’s 11 days since surgery. Incision site looks good, I’m walking well and not in a lot of pain, so I think I am calm enough not to worry so much. 0
I understand your anxiety, but doubt your surgeon is going to ignore something he considers serious. You will be under the watchful eye of the visiting nurse, possibly a few different nurses, hopefully they will offer you some reassurance also. Try to relax and take it one day at a time. I'm guessing it will resolve soon.
@Tesjohn


Agreed, the surgeon is not concerned that there is a problem. I just have to take it easy, that’s all…
 
Great news, Tesjohn. Hopefully it's all dried up by staple removal time. I hope you have a nice holiday weekend.
There is no sign of Fall in my neck of the woods…yet! Hotter than Hades today and horribly humid.
Hopefully you have a bbq or something relaxing planned for the weekend.
Until next time, take good care. :)
@Tesjohn
 
Nothing eventful here. Rainy holiday. Boring long day. No more drainage at all. Off pain meds…..just taking Tylenol. Going to get staples removed tomorrow. Not looking forward to that…may pop a pain pill before I go. I have been walking unassisted. No walker, no cane and do not seem to have any other problems right now. Had a few bouts with constipation but even that is gone with the absence of pain meds. Oh, joy!!! It’s supposed to rain again today. I hate that summer is over.
 
Hi @Tesjohn
Been doing some catch up and I'm so glad to see things are levelling off.

Hopefully the staple removal won't be too uncomfortable.
I have been walking unassisted. No walker, no cane and do not seem to have any other problems right now.
:wowspring:That is amazing.
Hope you keep the cane handy for longer walks... in case the new hip needs a little babying.
I hate that summer is over

I feel the same way... not that Autumn (we don't say Fall on the forum:heehee:) isn't a lovely season...but Winter is not my forte.
It is still in the 90's here in Georgia and lots of rain also.:nah:
I bet this upcoming Spring will be especially sweet for you with more recovery time behind you.
Hope your week is sweet!:flwrysmile:
 
Rainy day here yesterday as well, I mean torrential, we received 3 inches in about 4-5 hours. Another rainy day today but very needed as we were in drought conditions.
Having staples out shouldn't be too bad, I didn't mind it really, few little pinches here and there but overall I was happy to have them out because they had begun pulling on my skin and made it uncomfortable to sit.
Sounds like you are recovering beautifully!
 
:hi:Happy One Month Anniversary, Tesjohn
How did the staple removal go and how are you doing? I hope all is well and you're enjoying some lovely Fall weather in your neck of the woods. Have a great weekend...hope to hear from you soon!
@Tesjohn
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary, Tesjohn!
I hope you're doing well. Please let us know next time you stop by the forum.
We'd love to hear from you.
@Tesjohn

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom