2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

Hi I'm new here. I'm having my right knee replacement Jan 21, 2019. Iam having alot of mixed emotions. Not sure what to expect. I was excited to find this site.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Swtp14, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@X2mangie how are you feeling love? How did your TKR go? I have been thinking about you and praying for ya.

:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Bike4fun I hope we both get everything out of this surgery that we need. I did go to a PT facility today to see if I want to do my PT there. Not sure they don't have many machines, mostly pulley weights? Anyone have any thoughts on how to know if a PT place is good?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@whtrose3, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@X2mangie I have been thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way! I can’t believe you were awake for the surgery! Could you hear what was going on? It sounds like you are taking it easy and being cared for well! I hope your recovery continues to progress well.

My TKR is next Wednesday, 1/16. I think I have done everything I can possibly do to prepare myself and my husband.

Keep hanging in there!
 
@X2mangie WOW awake, how many nights did you stay in the hospital? I didn't even know they would have you awake, did you ask to be awake? I can't even watch the YouTube for the surgery. Mine is the 16th.
 
@X2mangie I’m so thankful everything went well for you. You were awake? OMG that would be crazy. You were asleep for the procedure right? Get lots of rest and continue healing.

Thinking and Praying for ya:sleep:
 
@Love2RV Concerning your question about how to choose a physical therapy facility, I have just lucked out over the years. I would encourage you to talk to the physical therapist to get an idea of his/her philosophy concerning PT after knee replacement. Be sure to read the articles on this forum related to that.
 
Your a much better patient then I'll be, I want to be totally asleep. I'm scared enough now and I still have a few days till Wednesday.
 
I thought I already asked to be put on the January list but with my mind in a million places, I may have put it on the wrong thread or something. I was originally scheduled for December but it needed to be moved because of an infected tooth. The new surgery date is January 21st.
You having surgery same day as me.
 
I’m having Right TKRon the 17th of January anybody else’s this date?:bolt:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 January 2019 SnowHare
07 January 2019 Beckadeez
08 January 2019 X2mangie
09 January 2019 maryo52 (revision)
10 January 2019 CAdesgirl
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV
17 Janaury 2019 Kenello, Blaxican1
21 January 2019 skyblue, Swtp14
22 January 2019 johnnyutah, LBAK, bad0351, whtrose3
23 January 2019 coopmele, thegoose2, Wrangler70
28 January 2019 MarkkxG
29 January 2019 Smokey253
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Blaxican1, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello everyone,
My surgery is on the 17th and I’m starting to get so nervous. I had a dream last night where I woke up and they cut my whole leg off :gaah:. I know this won’t be true but OMG that was scary. Anybody else have these kind of dreams?

Does anybody else Vape? What did your Dr. say about not Vaping a few days before and after?

Nervously awaiting my surgery day.
Love to ya all:dancy:
 
@Blaxican1 - wishing you the best possible outcome! My surgery is a day before yours. It does feel like it is getting close.

I just met with a friend who had the surgery 4 months ago. He had such a good experience and said the pain was really bad for about the first week, but then improved drastically. I know everyone’s experience is different, but I was very encouraged by my friend’s experience.

Best wishes!
 
:yes!::yes!:@Bike4Fun thank you for that. I’m getting worried more as the days come closer. Seriously, I know the pain is already so painful, that I’m praying it will be less than this pain I’m in now. My pain is seeming to get worse as days get closer:holysheep:. I just need encouragement to get through this. Jesus plz help me and everyone else going through this happy yet scary time. :yes!:
 
@Blaxican1 - I love your use of emoji's!

My husband said something this morning that really encouraged me. He said that even though right now I am not in severe pain, if I don't get the surgery, the pain will only get worse, and down the road, I may not be able to walk. This surgery is necessary for me to be able to walk up and down stairs, walk for extended periods of time, and do my favorite hobby-bicycling! :bicycle1:.

Sending encouraging thoughts your way! :loveshwr:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom