Guest viewing is limited

2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

@X2mangle

Undoubtedly, you've heard of the long wait times for joint replacement in Canada. Well, it's not necessarily true.

I went for instruction in May, and I was told I could have a new knee in June. The only problem was, I had 3 conditions to clear. First, clear up the rash. The rash is an autoimmune disease, so that is just ongoing treatment. Second, was to get my dental clearance. I had just had implant posts put in my jaw, so I was good to go with the dental clearance August 7th.

The clinic phoned on August 7th. Yup, 2 conditions cleared. The third one was my sore ankle. It turned out I had tendonosis from a previous injury, that I didn't know I had. I saw a sports medicine doctor, and she told me I needed at least 3 months of physio.

Everything fine, until I had a stress rash - on my knee, 3 weeks before surgery. So, there I was, October 30th, on the gurney, when the surgeon looked at my knee. He sent me home.

Then, the surgeon was on holidays for a month. The clinic and I had some miscommunication, but eventually, everything got sorted out. My case worker was going to inspect my knee - it's still sort of purplish from the rash - but decided the surgeon should maybe see it. Went to see him, and he said I was good to go. I guess no surgeries over Christmas, so 2 weeks after that inspection, I will be back at the orthopedic hospital getting my new knee. I will hear New Years Eve what time I am to present myself at the hospital.

In the meantime, the doctor and my case worker said, no scratching, no falling, no banging into anything. I've really dragged up the time stats up for knee replacements for the program here.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@SnowHare, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@maryo52, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Add me to the list! Right TKR January 22 at the Campbell Clinic in Memphis. I am looking forward to getting back into shape...before my knee problems I was very active in running and a number of sports. I tried every biologic option before making this decision. I had microfracture, cartilage transplants, amnio shots, PRP, bone marrow, and most recently HGH injections. I may have delayed the process slightly but I am so ready. On my last visit to the surgeon he just looked at me and said "you're ready, aren't you?".
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@johnnyutah, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
The time has come for this surgery and I'm scheduled for Jan. 16 like Bike4Fun..
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Mr. Steve, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 January 2019 SnowHare
07 January 2019 Beckadeez
08 January 2019 X2mangie
09 January 2019 maryo52 (revision)
10 January 2019 CAdesgirl
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV
17 Janaury 2019 Kenello
22 January 2019 johnnyutah, LBAK, bad0351
23 January 2019 coopmele, thegoose2, Wrangler70
29 January 2019 Smokey253
 
TKR left knee on 23 Jan with right knee to follow 6-12 weeks later...
Stressed and hopeful, but I was hopeful with gel injections and PRP injections as well and neither helped. Looking forward to pain relief and undoing the changes that this has necessitated but also coping with the whole when did I get old thing.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@thegoose2, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
!
 
Thank you Bottomshollow for the entry and acknowledgement. I am learning how to navigate on this forum and so far find all the posted info very helpful.
 
Thanks! Already finding this helpful in terms of things to have on hand afterward. Hoping to find encouragement and reassurance as well!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Kenello, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@knee help, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thoughts for snowhare who’s surgery is scheduled for today hope all went well :ok::ok:
 
trkr Jan 23rd ! been a long time coming . Have had a toal of10 surgeries since 1995 .
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Wrangler70, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom