2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

Blaxican1
We got this! I need to be at the outpatient surgery center at 6:30, and hoping to get some sleep! Relaxing a bit then setting the alarm (as if I'll need it) for 4:30. I'll be taking melatonin tonight since it seems to be helping a bit.
I have deliberately had a pretty busy day and feel ready! How are you doing?
 
@tracebann Sorry for the delay in answering your question. My surgery was yesterday, and I am just getting back online.

Yes! I am a cyclist. I like riding on fairly easy paved trails.

Are you a cyclist?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January? @Kenello well i made it. Thank God. How you doing Love? :wave:
 
I went today for my pre-op check in and I couldn't believe how many people when I walked in. It looked like an airport as people sitting around with a small bag. Looked like a carry on bag and they were waiting to board. I did find out that my hospital will not require anyone to check in with me so I can Uber to the hospital but will need someone to pick me up.

My biggest fear now is just the pain I'm going to be in. I know it will get worse then hopefully better. I'm off all pain meds now and it's just exhausting to get through the day. I'm using my ice machine that I got for after the surgery to ease some of the pain.

@Love2RV. Hi Love2RV. What kind of ice machine ? Did you rent or buy. ? My OS suggested renting one after My surgery


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Gaynor, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Blaxican1
Yay! We are through that part at last! I was home by 12:30 yesterday. and all went well. Spent my day icing and elevating with heel pumps, walking around the house, and some gentle movement. Leg still largely numb, but wearing off.

You? Are you out of pain?
 
Sorry just got out of the Hospital. I bought it from Amazon
Polar Products Inc Active Ice 3.0 Knee & Joint Therapy System w/Digital Timer Includes Universal Bladder, 9 Quart Reservoir, 5 Feet of Insulated Tubing & Knee/Joint Compression Wrap

I love it.

by Polar Products Inc.
 
Is there a thread for those who are in recovery that had surgery in January?
 
There will be a January Jackpots' 2019 Recovery Club thread in the Recovery Forum once the month of January is over.
 
Right knee replacement scheduled for January 31st. Getting a little nervous, I had a total ankle replacement on the left side and had difficulties with pain control for the first few days and that was no weight bearing at all.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 January 2019 SnowHare
07 January 2019 Beckadeez
08 January 2019 X2mangie, Gaynor (bilateral)
09 January 2019 maryo52 (revision)
10 January 2019 CAdesgirl
14 January 2019 drpete, Beachinnc
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV, Scunny
17 Janaury 2019 Kenello, Blaxican1
21 January 2019 skyblue, Swtp14
22 January 2019 johnnyutah, LBAK, bad0351, whtrose3, BluesmanVT
23 January 2019 coopmele, thegoose2, Wrangler70
28 January 2019 MarkkxG
29 January 2019 Smokey253
31 January 2019 rosieNZ, FCBavern
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@FCBayern, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!


Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hope to see you all on the recovery threads! :console2:
 
How can I find the recovery threads for January Knee Surgery?
 
I understand that a January recovery thread will be in place after January is completed: from what I can see is if you hop over to the post op forum you can start your own recover thread: just go up to the knee forum on the banner on the top of the page there is an area top of that page you can start your own thread: hopefully one of the forum advisors can give you better instructions
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom