2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Smokey253, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Arlene56 - I have not been able to bike outside for the last 8 months. I am able to ride my recumbent bike indoors. How about you?
 
Glad I have some knee replacement buddies to go through this journey with. January 29th is the big day for me. Wish it could have been done sooner but I had a stroke in September, this pushed the date out and had to work on a blood thinner solution: good luck to all!

I forgot to mention its my left knee total replacement on the 29th - the right will have to wait :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Smokey253 :welome:to the group. Sorry to hear about your stroke. I hope you are recovering well. Good luck with the knee replacement!
 
Doing really well recovering from the stroke: I was blessed with a husband who recognized what was happening and convincing me to head to the ER where I received quick care. I worked hard and was able to return to work after 6 weeks: now on to these darn knees and get back to life, I missed out on so much. Good luck to all of you. I’m thinking dancing by June!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Beckadeez, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm finally scheduled for my surgery! I found out today that it will be on January 10th.
 
Last edited:
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@CAdesgirl, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I will be having my RTKR on January 21st. My original date was December 20th, so I would appreciate it if I could be removed from that group.
 
January 9 I'll get my failed knee replacement replaced. I'm hoping this knee will be the charm, because I've suffered through 8 years of one that did not work.
 
Good luck, Mary! I hope you have a great outcome. You certainly do deserve it after all this time.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 January 2019 SnowHare
07 January 2019 Beckadeez
08 January 2019 X2mangie
09 January 2019 maryo52 (revision)
10 January 2019 CAdesgirl
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve
22 January 2019 johnnyutah
23 January 2019 coopmele
29 January 2019 Smokey253
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@Didot, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Are any of you buying a recliner? I really don’t have the room or the money for it, but I keep hearing how much I will need it.

I did the research about the right kind of recliner to buy and decided it was not in my budget to get one. I read many posts that indicated a sofa with pillows can work fine.
 
Welcome to all the January Jackpots especially @Didot and @moon2stars, who are having TKR the same day I am.

Will be great to see how we go. Where do you live? I’m in Australia, so will be ahead in time I guess!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Aaaaaand I'm back in the game. Saw my surgeon on Wednesday, and I have been scheduled for January 2nd. Getting a new date was like getting an early Christmas prezzie.

Right TKR.

Last time I tried, I got as far as the pre-surgery meds, and I was nice and cozy in the warming blanket, before I was kicked out.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom