2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

@Bike4Fun Sista thank you so much:cheers:.
I really appreciate you taking the time to encourage me. As it is right now, I can barely walk and have to crawl up the stairs like a :bow::old::mute:. I know it will get better in the week or days to come but it’s just hard to think about it hurting worse:groan:. I have Faith tho. God will get me through this.... He hasn’t failed me yet. :xmark:
 
I put a count down clock on my phone and I think it helps me with what's going to come on the 16th. It's like I want to get the surgery so I will hopefully be out of the pain I'm in now, but I know that I will be in more pain at first. That's scary....
 
Hi everyone! Yes I am still in it for Left TKR on the 17th! Started getting so freaked out my blood pressure spiked, but got it under control. I have been in more pain, my leg quite bent, and challenged to get in 3 hours of stretching and strengthening each day. I can only walk any distance with a cane, and my left hip is bone on bone also, with nerve pain radiating down the whole front of the leg, so I am REALLY ready to be out of pain. My fear is that the nerve pain will still be there, so I am practicing visualizing a positive outcome.

Best of Luck Everyone! It will be better!
 
@Love2RV A countdown clock is a great idea! Every morning I wake up, my husband is my countdown clock. He announced this morning - 1 more day to go!

@Love2RV Wishing you the best outcome possible tomorrow!
 
Hi and yes. TKR is scary and wonderful at the same time
My second TKR is scheduled for 31 Jamuary. I was so keen before I got the date!!! Now I am scared although I have a successful TKR on the other knee and know its worth it. Crazy. I'm reminding myself that its really just the first 2 weeks that are the most challenging for most people. I'm going to rest a lot more this time and not try to be superwoman. Love and best wishes from New Zealand.
 
Good luck on the January 16th (tomorrow) moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV knee surgeries! Hope all goes well for each of you :elevate: It looks like I am the tail end with my surgery Jan 29th I look forward to hearing all your experiences!:wink: :friends:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 January 2019 SnowHare
07 January 2019 Beckadeez
08 January 2019 X2mangie, Gaynor (bilateral)
09 January 2019 maryo52 (revision)
10 January 2019 CAdesgirl
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV
17 Janaury 2019 Kenello, Blaxican1
21 January 2019 skyblue, Swtp14
22 January 2019 johnnyutah, LBAK, bad0351, whtrose3
23 January 2019 coopmele, thegoose2, Wrangler70
28 January 2019 MarkkxG
29 January 2019 Smokey253
31 January 2019 rosieNZ
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?
@rosieNZ, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Good luck on the January 16th (tomorrow) moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV knee surgeries! Hope all goes well for each of you :elevate: It looks like I am the tail end with my surgery Jan 29th I look forward to hearing all your experiences!:wink: :friends:

Thank you. I’m going in at lunchtime today. Feel ready for it now. Will keep you all posted as soon as I’m able.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Kenello

Well tomorrow is our Jackpot day. We can Totally do this . I’m getting nervous, yet excited to have this behind us. How are you doing? You have everything ready? If you need to talk let me know or any of us rooting you on. :chuckmarch:. What time is your surgery tomorrow? I have to be at hospital at 7:00 am.
I doubt I will get any sleep today or tonight ‍♀️.
Any last minute things your trying to get done? I still need to pack a bag and get some washing done..... but it’s all good.

We got this
Hopping to hear back from ya.
 
@X2mangie Wanted ti check up on ya and see how you are doing. So, how are you doing? It has been 8 days since your surgery :wowspring:it just seemed like yesterday. How is your healing and walking going? Love to hear back from ya.

Blessings and Good vibes:angel:
 
@Blaxican1 -Thanks for the well-wishes! I made it to the hospital and am waiting to be taken in and prepped.

I know how nervous you must be today. Hang in there! Only positive thoughts!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom