2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Quirky, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Here is a link to our Library article on Elevating: Elevation: the do's and dont's

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
My son brought a leg riser to me. It was given to him by the hospital in Michigan where he had his TKR done. I measured the height at the tallest side and it was 13 inches. I am planning to use it after my surgery on Oct. 9.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 October 2017 Homeport
03 October 2017 sagoff
04 October 2017 Wags (bilateral partials)
05 October 2017 Kayaknlady (bilateral), disneyland, ejole (revision)
09 October 2017 BionicBob, coolchange (bilateral), kbueno44 (her first), sooz, Arfus
11 October 2017 CentralPA
12 October 2017 MrsHawk, Runnergirl
13 October 2-17 Brithael (her second)
14 October 2017 woody8755
16 OCtober 2017 izzys mom
17 October 2017 dragonfly 1976 (her second), KBSunny
18 October 2017 Karebear (her second)
19 October 2017 Gill0416
23 October 2017 Nlh61, buford763 (bilateral)
26 October 2017 Quirky
27 October 2017 justnora (her second)
30 October 2017 Maillady
31 October 2017 redfish63
 
Hi ,
Can I add my name to the list ?
I am all booked in for a TKR October 31st , so still 4 weeks to wait ... I wish it was sooner now I have committed to have it done
I am starting to do the small DIY jobs around the house I won’t be able to do afterwards for a few months !!
Best wishes to everyone !
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@redfish63, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!


Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
ejole - Revision LTKR October 5, 2017
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
So the wedge in physical therapy is 15" tall but not sure if that is normal for patients at home, are pillows too soft for the knee/leg or do we need something a bit firmer like a wedge and how high should our knee be? over heart? Will the 3 pillows safety pinned together be enough for height?
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October? The first pic is two pillows and measures 12" high. The second pic is 3 pillows and I think it's too high. Of course, this would depend on your pillows.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@ejole, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello to all,
Thank you BoneSmart for this forum... I am having TKR on my left knee on Oct. 30... I am very very nervous and scared... I have researched this for over a year and have seen 4 doctors to help alleviate the worries I have..I finally found one I think will do a great job!!!! I'm still completely scared---lol ...I need both knees done but they are doing the worst knee first. A Cynvisc One shot helped my right knee tremendously even though it is bone on bone. I am 59 and the doctor thinks I am a little too young also. But my left knee is a total mess he said and minor surgery would probably only help for a year or so. I love to run and have run for years, also I am a letter carrier and have been for 24 years. I want to be able to run--(jog-probably--lol) again someday... It is a dream, hope and desire to do what I love to do again. I know other runners who have done it, I hope I can too.. Thanks for any friendships through this to help me on my way....
 
Hola@Maillady,
I will be having a revision on Oct. 5th. I too am a little scared. Not because of the surgery but the end result. The pain never went away after my LTKR on Oct. 20th, 2015. I am glad that the 3rd doctor I consulted is willing to help me. I am standing on Faith. My right leg is bone on bone and will have to be done also but for now, I’m taking it one day at a time[emoji4]
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Maillady, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I will be having my left TKR on October 19th. Just wondering what kind of equipment I'll need for my recovery? I have a pretty low couch so I'm wondering if I will need a taller chair with arms? If so, can I rent one of those?? Also, which kind of wedge is best? Thanks in advance for any help!
 
My surgery is scheduled for 10/27. This will be knee replacement number two. My first knee was replaced in August. Doing them eight weeks apart. I must be insane!
 
@Gill0416, I put you on the October list on Wednesday, September 27 and posted to you that day. Scroll up and you will find the October list, and you will see that you are on it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@justnora, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
One week from today. Am I ready? Not really. But I am resigned that this is going to happen. I am impressed that justnora is having a second surgery after two months recuperation. I hope I can do that well! I am pretty determined to get up and around quickly. I will be praying for all my buddies on this site.
 
@kbieno44, I fully understand. I’m scheduled to have my Revision LTKR on October 5th. I’m in constant chronic pain 24/7 so I’m hoping/praying that the pain won’t be worse. Time will tell. I am grateful for BoneSmart and all the support from everyone that has made this journey before me. I will be praying for you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom