2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

I got my LTKR on 16 October 2017. I've had a few setbacks, but am still feeling positive and doing ok. I posted a message in the recovery forum.
 
@bottomshollow and to everyone else....
:shrug::thud: Sorry to say my surgery date had to be moved... I'm very sad because I was getting my hopes and my mind ready for this. Oh my gosh, this waiting is driving me crazy. And I keep reading posts on Facebook about all the pain everyone is going through after their surgery.. I guess I shouldn't be reading those...
Anyway, I had an EKG and after the doc read it, they found something so they sent me to a cardiologist and he now wants me to do a stress test. He told me I had a minor heart attack sometime in the past. I said seriously, I never felt like I had anything like that... I did have an anxiety attack and it felt like a lot of pain in my chest and I had a hard time breathing but I seriously thought it was an anxiety attack...lol
Anyway, I can't get the stress test done in time for my surgery and I have to have it or the OS won't do my surgery. It scares me that I had a minor heart attack and didn't even know it... So they need to check my heart out. So they pushed my surgery to Nov. 13th for now... AWWWW :unsure:
Also, I really am worried about all the people saying how much pain there is for the first few weeks after surgery... Maybe I should read some articles here instead of on Facebook... Or some threads about others here and their recovery stories. Probably would be a lot better... I think this site is a lot better and more informative. Thanks for all you guys do to help us through this...
Cindy:curtsey::flwrysmile:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 October 2017 Homeport
03 October 2017 sagoff
05 October 2017 Kayaknlady (bilateral), disneyland, Nannie6912
09 October 2017 BionicBob, coolchange (bilateral), kbueno44 (her first), Arfus
11 October 2017 CentralPA
12 October 2017 MrsHawk, Runnergirl
13 October 2-17 Brithael (her second), kt512atx
14 October 2017 woody8755
16 OCtober 2017 izzys mom, Beewee, TerryKnee
17 October 2017 dragonfly 1976 (her second), KBSunny
18 October 2017 Karebear (her second)
19 October 2017 Gill0416
23 October 2017 Nlh61, buford763 (bilateral)
24 October 2017 Fleece136 (her second), sooz (tkr & pkr)
25 October 2017 Josephine2, Kyoung
26 October 2017 Quirky
27 October 2017 justnora (her second)
31 October 2017 redfish63
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@TerryKnee, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
He told me I had a minor heart attack sometime in the past
Best to get it checked out...my heart "paused" twice for 12 seconds in the OR. Subsequent echo and stress test showed silent heart attack in the past. Me? How? When? I'm quite fit and never felt anything, but then cardiologist called and said it could be a false reading. I'm wearing a 24/7 heart monitor for 2 weeks, and will see cardiologist after that.

As for pain, if you can tolerate the meds, I think it's quite manageable. I have severe stomach reactions to opioids, so I'm struggling with the pain, but still getting by.
 
10/26 Left Partial Knee Replacement..first PT 11/2, one week after surgery. Trying to figure out what I can and can't do. Move around whenever I have to go to the bathroom, otherwise on my back elevating, icing and meds.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Kyoung, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feo

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom