2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

@ejole Good luck with your revision -- I'm not sure what that means but it sounds like they have to fix something? Anyway, I hope it all goes well. :)
 
@Maillady, I had a TKR on October 20, 2015 and the pain and swelling never went away. The 3rd doctor that I consulted finally listened to me and after many test decided to do the surgery over again. Thank you for your well wishes.[emoji7]
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 October 2017 Homeport
03 October 2017 sagoff
05 October 2017 Kayaknlady (bilateral), disneyland
09 October 2017 BionicBob, coolchange (bilateral), kbueno44 (her first), Arfus
10 October 2017 sooz
11 October 2017 CentralPA
12 October 2017 MrsHawk, Runnergirl
13 October 2-17 Brithael (her second)
14 October 2017 woody8755
16 OCtober 2017 izzys mom, Beewee
17 October 2017 dragonfly 1976 (her second), KBSunny
18 October 2017 Karebear (her second)
19 October 2017 Gill0416
23 October 2017 Nlh61, buford763 (bilateral)
26 October 2017 Quirky
27 October 2017 justnora (her second)
30 October 2017 Maillady
31 October 2017 redfish63
 
Hi Guys, things have not gone well for me I had my pre op assessment last Wednesday and while there the nurses were discussing my long list of allergies and joked was there anything else and I jokingly said my watch, part of it brings me up in a rash, they looked concerned and suggested I spoke to my consultant, as part of the implants are metal and they weren't sure what type, so spoke to his secretary who said they'd look into it. My consultant rang me back and we found I'm allergic to nickel and the implants have nickel in them. I considered they'd be made of titanium, don't know why, and the question wasn't raised by either side until that point. Turns out there is a risk that I could have a reaction so rather than take the risk it has been agreed that I should have a different implant which contains no nickel, my consultant can no longer do the op as he only works with one type, so my op has been postponed and I am being referred to another consultant who works with the non nickel type, this could take 3 weeks or more so looks like my op won't be in October

Please can you take my name off the list and when I get a new date I'll update you again
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Wags, I am so sorry that your surgery had to be postponed, but I'm relieved for you that the allergy business will be taken care of. I look forward to getting your post regarding your new date.
 
16 October 2017 Beewee
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@beewee, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

(Sorry there is no picture with this post. There is a glitch somewhere in the system and I cannot upload a pic for my files.)
 
Thank you for adding me. I’m still learning how to post things here. I think I successfully started my own thread. So glad I found a site where everyone knows the score, I think it will be helpful in my recovery.
 
my surgery for bilateral knee replacement has been delayed...but only by a day. Now next Tuesday...Oct 10th at 2pm. Just want it over with. Booked for 4 days in hospital but can stay longer if I want. Well organised at home and just waiting now. Look forward to following all the October journeys !!
 
:sorry: @ejole That is so sad that your pain and swelling never went away... That scares me I hope that doesn't happen to me... This whole TKR thing has me soooooo nervous... Ugg.:sigh:
 
I thought I was added to the October list, but can't find my name. I will be having anterior surgery hip replacement on my right hip on October 10. This forum has already helped me immensely- thank you!
 
@Knitquilt, you are on the October list in the Hip Replacement Pre Op forum. This is the Knee Replacement Pre Op forum October list.
 
@sooz I’ll be following you, you go one week before me. Best of luck. I too have been focused on getting the house cleaned up and organized. Even though i’m Retired I feel like I used to when I worked getting ready to take a vacation, so much to do before I could leave, the only difference is I don’t think this will be any vacation
 
beewee....are you having one or two knees done ? I am ready to go now but have to wait till Tuesday afternoon. You are right that it wont be a vacation however I know that each week that passes will be for the better so bring it on !!!!!
 
So I just found out that my surgery is at 11:30 a.m. Monday. But I have to be there at 9:00 so I can sit around and get nervous. Right? I am going to borrow a bedside commode from a friend who had surgery a few months ago. She said it doesn't hurt to have it there just in case I need to use it in the middle of the night. And I do have to get up a lot at night. So that is the last piece of the puzzle. I think!
 
Good luck kbueno44
I'm hoping for first thing in the morning so I don't have too much time to go crazy. I get to call in next Friday and see what time surgery is on Monday. One minute I'm so excited to finally get on with my life and the next I'm scared down to my toes. What a rollercoaster. So many postive good wishes going to you. I can't wait to here from you on the other side. Hope you have a great weekend. Debbie
 
@kbueno44 I just read your post... Good luck with your surgery... I see you had it today.. When you finally are able to read your messages I want to wish you the best and a great recovery... :angel:
@izzys mom OMG I am the same way... I am very nervous... Then I get excited and want it done and over with... I know it is going to be so hard to get through all of this but I also want to stop limping and hurting and all that goes with it... I just hope I can make it through.....:scary:
 
@Maillady

It's such a crazy ride. I'm so glad I'm almost there. This is so difficult. I'm so glad I found this site. I feel a little crazy at times.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom