2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Hope you are getting better every day. I have total knee replacement Oct 6th and I am counting the hours.
I am so bored with staying inside because it hurts to walk. Take care and I send lot of energy to you
 
Thanks so much woody and Disneyland really appreciate the good energy. All positive energy going back to you. Can't wait to hear how you're doing Oct 6 seems close yeah! You too woody you're a couple of days ahead of me. Looking forward to hearing you're results. Thanks
 
I am so nervous about the upcoming surgery. I can barely walk so I am having a bad case of cabin fever.
Thinking all the worst, but everyone tells me I will bounce back since I have always been so active. I hope they are right.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 October 2017 Homeport
03 October 2017 sagoff
04 October 2017 Wags (bilateral paritials)
05 October 2017 Kayaknlady (bilateral), disneyland
09 October 2017 BionicBob, coolchange (bilateral), kbueno44 (her first), sooz, Arfus
11 October 2017 CentralPA
12 October 2017 MrsHawk, Runnergirl
13 October 2-17 Brithael (her second)
14 October 2017 woody8755
16 OCtober 2017 izzys mom
17 October 2017 dragonfly 1976 (her second), KBSunny
18 October 2017 Karebear (her second)
19 October 2017 Gill0416
23 October 2017 Nlh61, buford763 (bilateral)
26 October 2017 Quirky
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@disneyland, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@izzys mom, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi Disneyland
I really think you're going to do great! I know that I'm looking forward to having my life back. If you're not able to walk much, I think that's what you have to concentrate on. I was in a wheel chair for 6 months, 5 different surgeries in the last year. I hope I can repay or just pay it forward, I met so many kind people. Your being active is really going to help( so I've been told).
 
Hello Everybody,

Bilateral TKR for me is scheduled for October 23rd. Even though I am a little nervous, scared and apprehensive I just want it done and over with so I can concentrate on getting home and recovering
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@buford763, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I had my RTKR 6/5/17 and I am scheduled for my LTKR 10/18/17. When I went in for my post op I told my surgeon to go ahead and scheduled the next one! I am a lot less nervous this time because I know what to expect. If you are a Bonesmartie, consider yourself lucky! There is so much valuable information here born out of actual patient experience. I felt so badly for other patients who were in my PT knee class because they were pushing themselves to do WAY to much at the urging of the physical therapists. I did very little exercising outside of PT and I did just fine. I mostly concentrated on icing and elevating to keep the swelling down and moved around as part of my activities of daily living. A swollen knee isn't going to bend much anyway. This time I am not going to try and come off my pain meds too soon!
 
I have mine October 12th. I posted earlier, but don't know if I posted in the right place.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Runnergirl, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty! FYI:if you posted earlier, it was not in this thread so I was not aware.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Gill0416, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
October 2 is my date heard this morning all pre op tests done so now five days of pre op med showers
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Homeport, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
My knee replacement is scheduled for 10/26. Scheduled for a partial but when they get in there and feel I need a full I am giving my blessing for that to the surgeon. I had a pre op physical therapy session and she said that I need some kind of support pillow , wedge or whatever. The knee cushion was 15" tall which I can't find on the internet at all. Can you guys give me suggestions for what I should buy to keep my leg up?
 
I used pillows for my first TKR, but this time I was going to buy a wedge. I also couldn't find anything that was high enough, but then I saw the pillow stack on Bonesmart. My problem with the pillows had been their tendency to move about. This stack is held together with safety pins which makes me wonder why I didn't think of that the first time.https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/elevation-the-dos-and-donts.7602/
 
So the wedge in physical therapy is 15" tall but not sure if that is normal for patients at home, are pillows too soft for the knee/leg or do we need something a bit firmer like a wedge and how high should our knee be? over heart? Will the 3 pillows safety pinned together be enough for height?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom