BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community

2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jul 21, 2017.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

It's time to get our team together and start the train headin' down the track for the month of October - The October Fall Feisties are ready to roll!

If you are having surgery in October, please post here and cheer each other on. We're looking for a great group of soon-to-be feisty knee recovery patients ready to move on with their lives.
    :dancy:

Tags:
  2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 October 2017 sagoff, Wags (bilateral PKRs)
    09 October 2017 BionicBob, coolchange (bilateral), kbueno44 (her first). sooz
    23 October 2017 Nlh61

3. BionicBob

BionicBob

LTKR --Oct 9 is scheduled unless a cancellation allows sooner.

It's been a long grueling road, including dropping 45#s since Jan of this year. OS would not perform surgery unless BMI was under 35. My BMI dropped from 38 to my current 32 and hope to continue losing, not that a bum knee helps any.

Great website and VERY informative!! I'll be sure to start my own pre op thread sometime this weekend

4. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

oct 49.jpg @BionicBob, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. BionicBob

BionicBob

@bottomshollow
    Thanks for the welcome!

I am sooo looking forward to getting this over with...than again, maybe I'm not.
    signed
    still hesitant

6. Jamie

Jamie Administrator

Bob, remember all of us were newbies at this surgery thing at one time. Be sure and express any of your concerns in a thread on the pre-op forum and we'll help you get through these next few months. The waiting is honestly the worst part of the process!

7. BionicBob

BionicBob

@Jamie
    I attended the class yesterday and found even more answers to questions I have. But no doubt I will have more as it seems everyday something else that I didn't think of presents itself. Early on, when I realized the surgery wasn't going to happen any time soon, I was ok with it as the time off from work was a blessing. Then the boredom started. Next(in Jan) came the realization that the surgery was close to happening, but the anxiety soon dropped when I was faced with the BMI issue combined with yet another delay from the insur carrier. Finally on June 28th, I had a commitment and surgery was set for Oct 9. Great, I thought! I still have what seems like a lifetime (lol) before I face the knife.

Well...truth be told...time is cruising by and it's now down to 10 weeks to go and the anxiety is climbing again. Just going to class yesterday made me realize the surgery is no longer something I can tuck away in the back of my mind. So yes with all the ups & downs, the waiting is the worst part. In a way, I wish I was at the point where I'm sitting in my recliner with an ice machine, on the road to recovery.

8. Jamie

Jamie Administrator

When you feel yourself getting anxious or you have a question, just continue to post in your thread in the pre-op forum. You'll have plenty of friends here to help you get through it. Then you'll soon find yourself in that recliner!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nlh61

Nlh61

My surgery is scheduled for October 23rd. Some days I'm more ready for this than others. Kind of scared of the pain after surgery.

10. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

oct 96.jpg @Nlh61, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

11. BionicBob

BionicBob

Welcome!
    I share your concern about the pain, but think of it more as a fear as in...fear of the unknown. I'm counting on the BS mantra of ice, elevate and stay on top of the pain meds to get through it. If it worked for all these other fine folks here, it should work well for us too.

Good luck and be sure to update when the time comes.

12. sagoff

sagoff

Hi!
    I originally had my LTKR scheduled for March, but destroyed a tooth in late January, postponing my surgery. The surgeon would not touch me until an implant and crown had been done, and cured for 6 months. My surgery is now scheduled for October 3... knock on wood! And no eating hard bread crust!

Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
  13. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

oct 100.jpg @sagoff, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care! Wishing you all the luck in the world!

14. coolchange

coolchange

Hi....I have a bilateral scheduled for Oct 9...and am looking forward to it in a big way. I had to take some time to get a total reverse shoulder so that I would be able to get up with bad knees and now that is 7 months healing (amazing results on that)...Chose October so I could enjoy summer and a little of Fall prior to going down for the winter..leaving next week for a month of cruising in the Pacific Northwest...then gettin me some Journey II joints.

15. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

oct 102.jpg @coolchange, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

16. kbueno44

kbueno44

I am having complete knee replacement surgery on Oct. 9th. Right knee first, then left knee will be done is January. I have put this surgery off for years. I am 73 year old female, widowed 13 years ago. I live alone with my 3 dogs.

17. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

oct 57.jpg @kbueno44, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

18. sooz

sooz

Australia Australia
    Hello all,
    Bilateral TKR for me is scheduled for October 9th. Even though I am mildly scared and apprehensive I just want it done and over with so I can concentrate on recovery and getting home :)

19. Wags

Wags

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys, newbie member here, name is Julie, live in the UK. Due to have bilateral PKR on October 3rd, getting quite nervous as the days tick by, only thought I was going to have right knee done but MRI showed damage to both knees, wasn't looking forward to a scar on one leg but now looking at scars on both :(

Been told I am young to have this op at 53 and chances are the future may hold TKR's.

Hoping this forum will help by reading all your positive posts. Found it by looking up whether I can wear heels after the op at some point, only 4ft 11 1/2inches so like to have a little help now and again and to make clothes look better!

Looking forward to chatting with people :)

20. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

oct 18.jpg @sooz, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!