Guest viewing is limited

2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Wags, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@sagoff

Snap!

Good luck with your op, having bilateral pkr's that day too, we are knee op twins :)
 
Hi everyone. I'm new. I am having knee replacement surgery on my right knee on October 9th.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 October 2017 sagof, Wags (bilateral partials)
09 October 2017 BionicBob, coolchange (bilateral), kbueno44 (her first), sooz, Arfus
14 October 2017 woody8755
17 October 2017 dragonfly 1976 (her second)
18 October 2017 Karebear (her second)
23 October 2017 Nlh61
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Arfus, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
hi im having a full knee replacenent oct 14th
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@woody8755, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi @kbueno44 you are in the same boat as me. I'm scheduled to get my right knee done October 9th but haven't scheduled the left knee yet. Dr. Said he might only have to do a partial on my right knee but won't know until he goes in. I assumed Medicare and my supplemental insurance would cover everything but after talking to my sisters today I'm not sure. I'm going to make some phone calls this week. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery!
 
Hello all. Is everyone doing their prehab exercises? I am having trouble getting with the routine. I welcome any advice or suggestions.
 
So far I haven't heard of any pre-op exercises. I am walking a mile or so a couple of days a week. My problems are mainly in the kneecap so I can't do any bending exercises. I would love to hear what exercises you are doing pre-op. Maybe I can do some of them. As to the insurance, I too have been assuming that medicare and my supplemental would cover everything I need. The surgeon said that since I have medicare I will have to spend one night at the hospital after surgery. That's fine with me. Keep me posted on any unknowns that you find out about.
I am up and down about how I feel about the recuperation. I am trying to get my house ready and hoping I will be ready emotionally.
 
i have my opp 14 oct i am using a revitive its taken the swellng down at the back of my knee dont know if i can use it after my opp
 
Hi everybody I have been told that i will either have t k r this month or next ,I am waiting for the hospital to finalise the date..Cant wait (He Lied!! )
 
Thanks very much bottomshollow I certainly will ,and I had better warn you that at 73 I still have the schoolboy silly sods sense of humour,some of us never grew up and I am very proud and pleased to say that I am one of them..Also bottom notice how I didn't enquire how you got the name of bottomshollow I'm far too much too much of a gentleman for that..:unsure::umm:
 
I am having a left TKR on October 18th which happens to be my 56th birthday! I had a right TKR on 6/5/17.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Karebear, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Karebear, I guess your first surgery and recovery were successful since you are getting the second knee done already. I hope your second recovery goes well.

I wonder if there is somewhere I can see a list of the the October Feistys in one place. Anyone know how?
 
@kbueno44, if you go to the top of the page, you will find the current complete list of October Feisties, that is, the members who have requested to be put on the list.
 
Looks like I am officially in for October 17 for LTKR had my RTKR in May of 2014. Just want to get it done and over with, then on the road to recovery.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@dragonfly 1976 , you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom