2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

:welome: @twinklepop . I've added you to the June Sunbeams list.

01 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913, beccaz
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
27 June 17 melimar99, 313Lola, twinklepop
 
Hang in there twinklepop this site is God sent. The people are great and very helpful. Someone can answer almost any questions you may come up with. I am on the other side now I had RTHR yesterday morning. I do believe I will make it through this. Good luck. Kate[emoji254]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
@melimar99 & @twinklepop ... we're all scheduled June 27... Thought I'd say hi and send along positive vibes. Less than three weeks! Wishing you peace, health and strength... and smooth recovery.
 
Thanks @Mojo333 I am already seeing how helpful and important this community is. Thanks for the encouragement. It's easy to think my case is "special," but reading the stories here I realize there are so many people managing pain... concerned about surgery... taking that step... and then recovering to something better.

I generally consider myself an optimist... but this long slide has sucked a lot of the wind from my sails. Time to get back to the REAL me... the one that thinks: Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.

I have a great OS. Going to a highly rated hospital. I am done living a life focused on avoiding activity to minimize pain. I choose to take this step, nervous yes... but no longer afraid. It WILL be OK. [Steps off soapbox]:yes:
 
Thanks @Mojo333 I am already seeing how helpful and important this community is. Thanks for the encouragement. It's easy to think my case is "special," but reading the stories here I realize there are so many people managing pain... concerned about surgery... taking that step... and then recovering to something better.

I generally consider myself an optimist... but this long slide has sucked a lot of the wind from my sails. Time to get back to the REAL me... the one that thinks: Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.

I have a great OS. Going to a highly rated hospital. I am done living a life focused on avoiding activity to minimize pain. I choose to take this step, nervous yes... but no longer afraid. It WILL be OK. [Steps off soapbox]:yes:
313Lola
Everyday you spend reading post from pre-op and post-op they will lift your sprits and help you have a positive outlook. This board has helped me more than I ever thought it would. I will be visiting this site even after my hip is healed. Hang in there .... Kate Kimmer[emoji254]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
My left THR is scheduled for June 20th! My right THR was May 9th, so you're not crazy thinking you saw my name recently [emoji6]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're on the list as well now, @susan12369

01 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913, beccaz
09 June 17 cpollock
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
20 June 17 susan12369
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
27 June 17 melimar99, 313Lola, twinklepop
 
Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

1 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913, beccaz
09 June 17 cpollock
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second), 1nan (bilateral)
19 June 17 Gone again,
20 June 17 susan12369
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet, Donnarita
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
27 June 17 melimar99, 313Lola, twinklepop

 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@cpollock, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Best of luck @cpollock ... See ya with us on the other side. Healing thoughts sent your way.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Donnarita, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Good luck @cpollack the other side is fantastic. Painful but great, we will all be hear to help in anyway we can. Kimmer Kate [emoji254]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Hi...
I'm having double hip surgery on June 16th. I'm 51, single parent of three, and have lived in pain many, many years. It's time I guess. I have so many emotions running thru me. Glad to have found some support. Have you guys bought the toilet seat raiser, shower chair, ice packs...anything else in preparation?
 
Good Luck to you 1nan !!! I am having RTHR June 23...it's only been a year and I am shot..my mom had bi lateral 20 yrs ago and did great!! You will too!! Our lives will change for the better!! I also have gotten all you have and also the shower holder to put on the wall to hold onto...to get in and out..a walk in shower must be a blessing! And stocking up on stool softeners...painkillers are very constipsting..stay hydrated....I also might get that handle thing with the piece you can pick things up off floor...this sight is a great positive pick me up! For pre op and post op..the library is great too!! Good luck to you!! Keep us posted on your journey!!!!
 
Yes yes yes to the grabber that helps you pick up things from the floor! I bought one and was given one, as a friend told me to have them in different rooms. They are awesome! I also loved having, and will use again, a leg lifter. I also found that a big roller my sister gave me ended up being helpful for post-op physical therapy.
 
Glad to have some company in the double hippy club @nan1. I know you are nervous...I was SO anxious. We are too young for this...I am now at 6 weeks post op and am doing really well. Not 100 per cent but the one struggle I don't have it's debilitating hip pain. My surgery was also after many years of pain.
My diagnosis was endstage osteoarthritis, how about you?
Will be thinking of all of you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@1nan, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom