2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Layla I know how you feel...I had TRHR on June 23...this site is such a blessing!!! We have been thru it or anticipating the surgery...you will do fine...I got an epidural nerve block..I went home day after surgery...PT STARTED today and the exercises made me feel better!!! You have move ...the pain post op is better than the pain we tolerated pre op...Good luck and just remember..today is the last day You will be in pain..your new life awaits you!! Let us know how it went and your progress we are all here for you!! ❤❤
 
Here I go...surgery is tomorrow and silly me trying to trim myself in my private area, as I hear they have your fully exposed tossing and turning u, I nicked myself..I know they say no shaving..which i haven't done. Just electric shaver on the side and got too close. .tiny scrap so hope they still do my surgery.:beg:.any thoughts for me:dubious:?
 
Best wishes to my hip surgery date buddys for tomorrow June 27th..ok now I'm getting nervous..sure hope I don't pass out when I arrive tomorrow :shocked::wow:
 
@Layla
So glad to have a group to share experiences with! Tomorrow is our big day!
I've had general anesthesia before and, since they also did spinal anesthesia, my pain was well-controlled. I was too groggy to notice much after surgery, and had no nausea at all. For me, the general anesthesia was the forgettable part of the event, since I was kept comfortable. It's such a routine, orderly procedure for the team - I just reassure myself that "they do this every day, so if any complications arise, I will be in good hands."
I am so sore from pre-op "nesting," (running errands, cleaning house, etc.) that I am looking forward to the downtime!
What are you packing for your stay in the hospital? I have a book to read, the grabbers, my pillow and my warm socks.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

1 June 2017 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 2017 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 2017 mandasmom
06 June 2017 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 2017 a0167913, beccaz
09 June 2017 AMR1879 (revision)
12 June 2017 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 2017 Lucielou
14 June 2017 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 2017 Newhipride,
16 June 2017 bones218 (his second), 1nan (bilateral)
19 June 2017 Gone again, cpollock
20 June 2017 susan12369
21 June 2017 HipGirl17, Janab1028
23 June 2017 pegggus (her second) Missviolet, Donnarita
26 June 2017 JennsHip, Pierrette
27 June 2017 melimar99, 313Lola, twinklepop, JennyHipcakes, Layla
28 June 2017 Raven2002
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Layla, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbean!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom