Guest viewing is limited

2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Hi I am having my Rthr on June 6th also good luck on yours. I will try and post my results.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
I'm doing LTHR on June 12. North Tampa with Dr. Stephen Raterman.
 
@jayver56 , @Kimmer , @Old Rocker - You are all on the June Sunbeams list. Best wishes.

01 June 17 Cisne
02 June 17 jayver56
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913
09 June 17 PamelaJane (her second)
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement)
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
 
@Newhipride I had bilateral THR and very little time, less than 6 weeks to prepare. My OA was so bad in both hips not alot I could do with my bottom half but I did try to improve my upper body strength which has served me well since surgery. Being able to lift my body up... Hold myself better with the walker, etc, has made my recovery easier. I also lost some weight prior and tried to eat really healthy to get my body's immune system tuned up.
 
Hi Jennship! I also will have the anterior approach. To the person about the stress test- let me know how that goes. I have to meet the anathesiologist a week before my surgery- and don't know why yet; I'm thinking it's for what you must do... I will learn more after my Drs visit.....
 
Hi Pierre the, I had a stress test where they used drugs to get my heart going. It was easy and it turned out great. When you meet the anathesiologist it will probably be about what type of sedation they will be using during surgery etc. Good luck !!!

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Hi ...Im having a R THR on 2/6. Not long to go ! Had my pre op and joint clinic ( how to cope afterwards ) and now just keen to have it done.
I'm a fit (ish) 57 year old and looking forward to getting back to hiking, skiing etc with my new hip. ( though not straight away , obviously.)
 
Hi Starferry, I am 62 and also getting a THR on my right side. I not sure if I am fit enough for the recovery but I can't wait any longer my hip is to bad. We have the same surgery June 6th I wish you the best of luck. Hope to here how your recovery goes.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
I made a mistake you are getting it done before me. Hope to hear from you.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Kimmer, thanks for responding. Good luck with your op on 6th June...I'll try to blaze a trail for us! And try not to worry about your recovery ( easy to say, I know) ...there seems to be lots of good advice on this site which should help you post op. I hope it all goes well for you.
 
Hi @starferry - I've added you to the list. Best wishes.

01 June 17 Cisne
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913
09 June 17 PamelaJane (her second)
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement)
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
 
First timer over here.
I will be getting a total hip replacement June 14, 2017.
I am very nervous. I am getting a metal-on-metal hip replacement and was wondering if anyone knows how the recovery is and if they are able to get back into normal activities (i.e. running, biking, etc.).
I am 25 years old/male and very active before an accident I got into.
Hope everyone the best of luck! Thank you for any replies.
 
@starferry - Same to you, I read a few more post today which really gave me more peace of mind also. This site is really great I think it really help slot of people I know it has already helped me. Thanks for your post I hope we can keep in touch during our recovery.[emoji254]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Same to you, I read a few more post today which really gave me more peace of mind also. This site is really great I think it really help slot of people I know it has already helped me. Thanks for your post I hope we can keep in touch during our recovery.[emoji254]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
This post was for Starferry could someone post it to the right place please.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Hello Sunbeams! I'll be getting an early start to June, having RTHR on June 1! I will officially be a double-hippy!

Of course, I didn't wake up one day and say, "When I am in my 50's, I want to have both hips replaced," lol. But stuff happens and my LTHR worked out so well... why not replace the other one? Woo Hoo! Yes, I am aware I am not normal, thanks for asking.
 
Hello, @johna92 and @dougie0216 - I have added you both to the list.

johna92, I will start a thread for you in the Hip Pre-Op area, so that you can be advised about your metal on metal hip replacement. OK?

01 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913
09 June 17 PamelaJane (her second)
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
 
Back
Top Bottom