2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

That's great @PamelaJane ! Hope you get everything set at home. This means your end to pain is coming! I had signed up for an earlier date if they had a cancellation but never heard. At this point even if they have a cancellation I can't take it; my pet sitter is on vacation until June 11, so I must wait for my June 12th date.
 
I've changed your surgery date, @PamelaJane

01 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
 
I am Becky ...having THR on right hip June 8...
 
Hi Becky, I am having my RTHR on June 6th I will try and start posting that evening. My surgery is scheduled for 8:00am the Drs. first of the day. Good luck on yours.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Becky, @beccaz - I've added you to the list. Best wishes.

01 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913, beccaz
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
 
I wish you a great outcome on your surgery tomorrow. Hope you feel like letting us know how you feel. Remember to just rest and heal.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Congrats you are on the other side.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
 
Went for two 100m walks today. The therapist said I would hate him tonight. I don't hate him but my hip
that got me in to the double hippy club has doubled in size... dressing change at 0130. I will have a pic for the badge of honor page. Welcome to the new sunbeams. I am sleep deprived so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow when I get home and get the IceMan pumping cold H2O.
 
Im June 27th... I can not wait!!!:angel:
 
I've added you to the list, @melimar99 . Best wishes.

01 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913, beccaz
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
27 June 17 melimar99
 
Newbie here...
THR, lateral approach, scheduled June 27.
Developmental Hip Dysplasia... diagnosed in infancy.
It's been a long, slow slide to the point where surgery is necessary. Loss of mobility and increasing pain crept up little by little, over decades (I'm 53). I tripped in November and there's no going back. Can't live like this anymore; it's time for surgery.

I feel good about my dr, but nervous about surgery. I'm concerned about leg length discrepancy- perceived and actual. Post-op I'm nervous about learning to walk with "normally" since I have had an odd gait (with some torque in my femur) my whole life.

Wishing others pre- and post-op health and healing... and looking to gather some positive vibes and prayers as my date approaches. Thanks!
 
Hi @313Lola - I've added you to the list.

01 June 17 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 17 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913, beccaz
12 June 17 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 17 Lucielou
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette
27 June 17 melimar99, 313Lola
 
Hi Everyone, this is my first post, I am having a left total hip replacement in Northampton, England on the 27th June. I'm 36, and this operation follows a diagnosis of DDH at 3 years old, followed by a salter osteotomy and a femoral osteotomy. Been in pain for about 6 years
 
I can't imagine... So happy you will be getting a new hip. You certainly deserve some relief!
This site has been so comforting to me. I had both hips replaced May 1 due to several OA and was in pain for 4 years. The thought of hip replacement was scary but my post op pain is finding and these new hips are going to allow me to continue my life without all that pain. Best of luck! Stuck with us!
 
Stick with us...
 
@313Lola Sounds like things have been very tough for you for a while. Lots of worries... But can't help but think you WILL work all those things out. It will be a worth while journey! Hoping all the best for you. I have two new hips at age 53... Thought that was crazy. Then I started checking out this site and how many folks our age and younger have had THR and how much it had improved they're quality of life. I'm so encouraged, and you should be too. A chance to be better... And not just have to get up and deal with it.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom