Guest viewing is limited

2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Hi there. My surgery date is June 19th. Not June 9th as shown on your list. I'm proud to be a sunbeam. I'm sending good wishes for a speedy recovery to all of you. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

1 June 2017 Cisne, dougie0216
02 June 2017 jayver56, starferry, PamelaJane (her second)
05 June 2017 mandasmom
06 June 2017 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 2017 a0167913, beccaz
09 June 2017 AMR1879 (revision)
12 June 2017 Freedom, Old Rocker
13 June 2017 Lucielou
14 June 2017 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement), johna92,
15 June 2017 Newhipride,
16 June 2017 bones218 (his second), 1nan (bilateral)
19 June 2017 Gone again, cpollock
20 June 2017 susan12369
21 June 2017 HipGirl17, Janab1028
23 June 2017 pegggus (her second) Missviolet, Donnarita
26 June 2017 JennsHip, Pierrette
27 June 2017 melimar99, 313Lola, twinklepop, JennyHipcakes
28 June 2017 Raven2002
 
I am scheduled for right hip replacement, anterior approach on 21 June 2017. I am so ready!!!!!!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Newhipride, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@a0167913, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Elljaybee, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Cisne, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I had a "surprise" hip revision on my LTHR (which was done 12/23/16) on June 9th, 2017. I say "surprise" because I found out about the surgery time (7:30am) and date (Friday 6/9) on the evening of Wednesday (6/7). If you want to learn more about my journey to the revision, check out the thread I started in Feb (2/17) on the Hip Replacement Recovery page. They ended up replacing all the components except the cup. The reason for the revision happening only 6m after the original THR was a loose stem. My bone never grew around the stem and with just a few good, hard yanks, it was removed from my femur without breaking my femur and without any bone debris on the stem, it was as if it was coated with non-stick spray before being put in! I have been told by my surgeon and also by Josephine from Bone Smart, that I should treat this revision as if it was the very first LTHR. So I went back to square one a week ago yesterday and hope to follow others on the same time line, on their journey to recovery as well! This time I will be taking a different approach to PT and will be primarily walking my way back to a full recovery. We may not be able to prove it, but over zealous PT may be a reason the first implant wasn't successful. There may be Drs and patients who will disagree with this "walking" approach, and I respect that, but everyone heals differently and what works for some may not for others! No matter the route we take we are all aiming for the same outcome! Looking forward to meeting and learning from others who are recovering at the same time and hearing how their PT, walking, or what ever other way they are getting to recovery is going for them!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@twinklepop and @melimar99, we are sharing new hip birthdays! What are you doing right now for pain? I am so ready for this one -- tylenol and ibuprofen about three times a day, ice packs. I use the crutches as "outriggers," so my right side will not become so weak. My left hip has healed up very nicely, and I look forward to being balanced.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@JennyHipcakes, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@AMR1879, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam! Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi @a0167913 and @beccaz I see you had your THRs one day before me. I joined this group a little late, b/c my surgery was a bit of a surprise! I had a THR revision on the 9th my Dr said it went very well, pretty much like a first time THR, is so I should treat it as if I am a first timer. Not too hard to do since I was only 6 months into my first one anyhow! How are you both doing? Where are you at with using walking aids? You guys still needing meds to help with the pain? Etc, etc... I am using two or sometimes one crutch.
Only doing short walks around the house. I am still taking the Oxycodone every 4-6 hrs. W/1000 mg Tylenol every 8 hrs. If I miss a dose b/c of sleep or whatever, the pain comes back full force! I am experiencing a lot of pain and tightness in my left butt/hip with pain that will radiate down into my knee and then even into my calf and top of my foot. I don't remember this type of pain from my last surgery. I am not doing formal PT with a therapist, I am I planning on walking and walking and walking as my hip will allow it. Hope your first week of recovery is going well! ~Aimee
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Janab1028, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
June 28th R THR lateral/posterior approach , ceramic and titanium at private hospital next to Norwich And Norfolk Hospital apparently did first hip replacement or so they say .
I am 49 and have had severe pain 18 months which I ignored and self medicated due to other family issues that were more important at the time .
I'm at bone on bone so I have liquid morphine fir the really bad ( most) days . This is in conjunction with codydramol and diclofenac and pre gabalin .
My Cobs is very easy going and described my HO F as a rice crispy cake appearance hence the severe grinding and crepitation and locking especially on external rotation .
I've had fairly severe muscle wasting in the last few weeks and loathe the dead leg sensation .
I was an active swimmer and walker as well as running my own specialist healthcare business and working with consultant Rheunatologists, orthopods etc however this has just exhausted me beyond my years.
I can cope with a few days in hospital sleeping I hope as they are concerned I'm emotionally exhausted due to the long term illness our daughter has . I've asked to exist in a steady state of 4 large gun and tonics with my post op pain med .
I'm looking forward to my daily scrub with hibiscrub for the 5 days before hand ! I'll have skin chunks falling off .
I have been using a stick fir months but moved to crutches recently as they seem to be more effective for increasing my mobility . I can do maybe 15-20 steps and it's miserable . Shopping takes fir ever and so I've given up unless it's buying Magnum ice creams on special offer .
Husband and daughter are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea as it's with my husband struggling to cook or my mother visiting (!) .
I did gave double disc reduction 10 years ago that required revision due to post op infection and that may have co tributes to the r hip problem .
Anyway the next 10 days CANNOT pass soon enough ! See you on the other side
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Raven2002, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!


Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Been watching this site for a time as I anticipate my RTHR tomorrow, June 27th.

It appears as though I'm in good company rounding out the group as # 5 of us facing surgery tomorrow. Naturally I'm feeling anxiety over the procedure and recovery but I am mainly struggling with the prospect of general anesthesia. I'm praying for our little group of 5 for a smooth surgery and recovery.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom