2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Hi I am scheduled for a R THR on June 8. Three years ago I was in marathon shape. Now having a 5000 step day is a good day. The plan is to do the anterior approach using ceramic components.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Im sure its going to go awesome. Im scheduled in July. I was trying to drill through a ceramic tile for 20 minutes the other day. Got nowhere!! No wonder they use it in hips haha

I am June 5th!!

LTHR Anterior as well... nervous but excited to move on pain-free!

I am in Yuma, AZ

I am 47, so I am "young" too

We will ride this roller coaster together [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Noticed your post here, we are same age and having the LTHR Anteriorly perfomed. Im in July. Two month out and the pain certainly isn't getting less!! WE both extraordinarily young for for the THR procedure. In fact leave out THR: we are both very very young!! ;) But it can mean we will heal well. And i was just reading, not to cut the calories but eat a good amount of good food. No problems with this requirement ) I hope to follow your progress . Mark

Hello everyone! I'm 42 and scheduled for a RTHR on June 21st. I'm a little nervous!

Hi- I am June 26- THR anterior ; right hip.
I am nervous, and excited at the same time. I have no idea what to expect- for so long I wouldn't go to doctor, because I would say that I will never have surgery and yet... here I am, facing reality and hopefully a new lease on life!

I have added Cisne, Elljaybee, a016913, HipGirl 17, Pierrette, Swmrgirl, and Newhipride to the June Sunbeams.

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 17 Cisne
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee
08 June 17 a0167913
09 June 17 PamelaJane (her second)
12 June 17 Freedom
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (
debridement)
15 June 17 Newhipride,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second)
26 June 17 JennsHip, Pierrette

Hi Everyone this is my first post. I am suppose to have a THR on my right hip on June 6th 2017. Dr.s office called I need to have a medically induced stress test tomorrow at 1pm. Has anyone had one ? I am a little scared. Any future advice on the hip replacement would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck all.[emoji3][emoji173][emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

I have added Kimmer to the June Sunbeams. @Kimmer, if you start a thread in the Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area, people will be able to advise you.

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 17 Cisne
05 June 17 mandasmom
06 June 17 Elljaybee, Kimmer
08 June 17 a0167913
12 June 17 Freedom
14 June 17 KathrynHJ, Swmrgirl (debridement)
15 June 17 Newhipride,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second)

Hello! I'm 46 and scheduled for right THR on June 23rd. I was diagnosed with advanced OA in October after years of suffering from plantar fasciitis and IT band syndrome. I was surprised to hear that the problem was coming from my hip. I'm nervous about surgery but excited to get better.

I have added Miss Violet to the June Sunbeams. @Missviolet, if you start a thread in the Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area, people will be able to advise you.

01 June 17 Cisne
05 June 17 mandasmom
08 June 17 a0167913
12 June 17 Freedom
15 June 17 Newhipride,
21 June 17 HipGirl17
23 June 17 pegggus (her second) Missviolet

13 June, 2017!!!
I am 53, diagnosed with hip dysplasia and coxa valga three years ago. Finally having LTHR June 13. Like many others I'm excited and anxious. Seeking all the information and support I can find!!! I've been participating in prehab with the PeerWell program and Aqua therapy through my insurance for the past two months in preparation for surgery. I want to do what I can have I better not chances for a great recovery period.

I have a question for the women among us - has your surgeon ever mentioned hormones or perimenopause as a reason to defer replacement until after the have achieved menopause?? My 2nd opinion surgeon did just that. Plus she cautioned me to wait until 60 since statistics show those who are 60+ need fewer revisions. (I have my own opinions about that research.)
I'm reading ages in the 40's on here, so I'm thinking your aren't hearing what I heard.
She advised me to 1. Do restorative yoga and 2. Figure out a way to not stand so much until I'm 60. Knowing full well I am a professor and have to stand to conduct classes and that my passion is hiking and walking!!!
I was shocked by her opinion.
I've opted for living my best life TODAY, and am having the surgery!!
Just wondering if any others have heard this line of thinking from a surgeon. Thank you.

I've opted for living my best life TODAY, and am having the surgery!!
I agree you have made the best decision. No, I have not heard anything about female hormones. Sounds like thinking from the dark ages, glad you found another surgeon.

Lucielou you are added to the June Sunbeams list!
@Lucielou , if you start a thread in the Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area, people will be able to advise you.

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement.Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 17 Cisne
05 June 17 mandasmom
08 June 17 a0167913
12 June 17 Freedom
13 June 17 Lucielou
15 June 17 Newhipride,
21 June 17 HipGirl17

@Gone again I have added you to the June Sunbeams surgery list.

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement.Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 17 Cisne
05 June 17 mandasmom
08 June 17 a0167913
12 June 17 Freedom
13 June 17 Lucielou
15 June 17 Newhipride,
19 June 17 Gone Again
21 June 17 HipGirl17

I'm sure glad I ended up here after hours of surfing the web due to boredom and watching to much TV. I Just had RTHR on the 4th of this month and currently scheduled for LTHR on June 16th. Traditional Direct Lateral Approach. Recovery is going great!!!! I was diagnosed with AVN in 2003 and have tried many different treatments since due to the fact they said I was to young at the time for THR. I'm currently 48 and on the larger side of the fence. Figured I would join the June thread since the May one has already been done. Any questions about real time recovery I'd be more than happy to throw in my 2 cents as I'm pretty much just sitting around recovering to just start over next month. And yes I did have per race jitters prior to the first one being done. Cheers!!!

@bones218 - I have added you to the June Sunbeams for your second THR. If you'd care to start a thread of your own in the
Hip Replacement Recovery Area we will be able to share your recoveries and advise you, if necessary.

01 June 17 Cisne
05 June 17 mandasmom
08 June 17 a0167913
12 June 17 Freedom
13 June 17 Lucielou
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone Again
21 June 17 HipGirl17

I'm going in on the 19th L THR. I've seen 3 Surgons and they all said that my right hip looks way worse.
I had to stop working last November I'm a carpenter.just couldn't work through the pain in left hip any more.
Pain killers, power tools and ladders don't mix. Couldn't take enough ibuprofen.
I've had arthroscopic on boath knees .
So I'm waiting. And bored,Getting as much excersize as I can being careful not to over do it.6000 steps a day seems to be the magic number.
Bill

@Gone again - You're on the list. Best wishes.

01 June 17 Cisne
05 June 17 mandasmom
08 June 17 a0167913
12 June 17 Freedom
13 June 17 Lucielou
15 June 17 Newhipride,
16 June 17 bones218 (his second)
19 June 17 Gone again,
21 June 17 HipGirl17

My surgery date for right hip replacement is scheduled for June 2nd and will have my left hip done in 6 months, doing pre-op exercises as best I can. I am apprehensive about having major surgery but looking forward to being pain-free and living life again!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom