BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community

2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Apr 7, 2017.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

If you're having surgery in the month of June, I hope you'll join our June Sunbeams for a bright start to your life with your new joint!

Your fellow Sunbeams will help you along the way with warm hugs and lots of support!

We have found that surgery and recovery is easier if you have a group of folks who are going through similar experiences.

So post and tell us your surgery date and get ready to meet your fellow June Sunbeams!

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Tags:
  2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 2017 Cisne
    05 June 2017 mandasmom
    06 June 2017 Elljaybee
    08 June 2017 a0167913
    09 June 207 PamelaJane (her second)
    12 June 2017 Freedom
    14 June 2017 KathrynHJ
    15 June 2017 Newhipride
    23 June 2017 pegggus (her second)
    26 June 2017 JennsHip

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JennsHip

JennsHip

Canada Canada
    Well I guess I'm the first to post June 26th is my date. Left hip, anterior method. Surgery being done in Ontario, Canada. Nervous for sure, always wonder if I will be worse off than I am now with any complications that might arise. But, I'm tired of not enjoying life to the fullest as a "young" 45 year old! I'd love anyone to share one very best piece of advice you'd give someone who is about 3 months away! Many thanks, Jenn

• Like Like x 6
  4. mandasmom

mandasmom

I am June 5th!!

LTHR Anterior as well... nervous but excited to move on pain-free!

I am in Yuma, AZ

I am 47, so I am "young" too

We will ride this roller coaster together

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  5. JennsHip

JennsHip

Canada Canada
    @mandasmom so glad to hear we are relatively in the same boat! Are you exercising/strengthening leading up to your surgery and what do you currently do for pain management? Happy Friday!

• Like Like x 2
  6. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

june 1.jpg @mandasmom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

7. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

june 2.jpg @JennsHip, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

8. KathrynHJ

KathrynHJ

My date for my right hip is June 14 (posterior) - Reno, NV! I am also "young" for a replacement - 44. I had my left hip done 3 years ago this week and I can't wait for the next one!!! @JennsHip I began PT last week to prepare (I did the same with my other). This hip is much more painful and it's hard to do all of the exercises, but I want the best possible outcome (as I know we all do)! I am taking ibuprofen, Tylenol and tramadol (just added a week ago) for pain, but some days it's still awful. What are you doing @JennsHip and @mandasmom? I would love to know if you have any good ideas! I've got three kiddos and staying off my feet is not an option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

june 37.jpg @KathrynHJ, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

10. Freedom

Freedom

Got my date yesterday: June 12th! I am also on the waiting list, if a cancellation opens up an earlier time.

Left total, anterior.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PamelaJane

PamelaJane

Surgery date is June 9th for THR left. I had my right hip replaced in October 2014. We can do this!

• Like Like x 4
  12. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

june 22.jpg @Freedom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

13. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

june 31.jpg @PamelaJane, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

14. pegggus

pegggus

June 23rd, THR on right. I had my left hip replaced in November of 2016. I'll figure out how to start a new thread (using my existing info). Both hips had collapsed (due to AVN) but doctor did not like to perform bilateral surgery. In hindsight I wonder if it would have been easier. Anyway, I am nervous but very, very ready to be out of pain.

• Like Like x 2
  15. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

june 29.jpg @pegggus, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

You can continue to use your existing thread. It might need a title change to be current---you can let us know what title you'd like, and we'll be happy to change it for you.

16. Newhipride

Newhipride

My replacement is scheduled for June 15.

My right hip- I am 55, so I was surprised to hear the radiology technician say " I need to take another view so that they can measure for your replacement."

Does anyone have suggestions for pre op physical therapy? Online resources? I am hoping that if I begin strengthening the muscles pre op that I might return to normal activity faster. I used to ride 5 days a week until it became impossible. My horses are enjoying their vacation, but I really miss riding.

17. a0167913

a0167913

Hi I am scheduled for a R THR on June 8. Three years ago I was in marathon shape. Now having a 5000 step day is a good day. The plan is to do the anterior approach using ceramic components.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

• Like Like x 6
  18. Elljaybee

Elljaybee

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am due to have right hip replacement on Tuesday 6th June - 6 week today! Eek, both dreading and looking forward to it in equal measure......

• Like Like x 2
  19. JennsHip

JennsHip

Canada Canada
    @Elljaybee I agree. Equally fearing it but also wanting to get moving again!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cisne

Cisne

Hi! I'm Michele, a 42 y/o teacher who will be having a RTHR on June1.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1