2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tabbycat thank you look forward to comparing notes,
@birdwatchr good luck to you we will all catch up on the other side xx

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
I'm booked in and I can't believe it's for Friday 13th! I've had 2 new hips but I'm guessing this is going to be completely different. I can't lie, I am worried
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 16 CaliGirl, Suz, Sassagirl
03 May 1 6 Stella99
04 May 16 luv2sew
09 May 16 BullyMom (her first)
10 May 16 meemz
11 May 16 Dawni (her second)
13 May 16 Mad dilys (her second), Littlejem
17 May 16 tjcteacher (bilateral), lovetocookandsew (washout & new spacer)
18 May 16 tlmeyn
19 May 16 heathme1 (bilateral)
23 May 16 May 23, TKRMay21, Ricandmax
24 May 16 luv2ash, Kazilla, Poppa don (his first)
25 May 16 Sipzener
26 May 16 Poppa don (his second)
27 May 16 birdwatchr
31 May 16 Mischief, Sunnyo
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Littlejem, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@meemz, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
CaliGirl- I finished all of my pre-op appointments last Friday. My last appt. was with my surgeon. As we were finishing up he said, 'well, the next time I see you we'll be in the OR together'. :scare: Boy that was sobering, haha! He then went on to say, 'after the procedure I'm going to give you the rest of the day off. First thing the next morning.. bootcamp'! Then he said, 'you're not going to like me very much the first two weeks into your recovery- however I'm going to be with you throughout the entire process and I assure you your life is going to be so much better once we get you recovered!' I appreciate your thoughts on things that will make recovery more comfortable. I'm going now to see if I can find some of those on Amazon! Hey- two weeks from right now- we'll be sitting up in our hospital beds with a brand new knee-!! They say the spinal block will keep us comfortable those initial hours after surgery-!

HI....I'm from Carolina also. Good luck with everything!! My day is 5/23
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@TKRMay21, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Suz I was looking for you on the recovery side.

I had a nerve block, too. That sucker is AMAZING with pain control. Thankfully my physio didn't push me as hard (or I didn't push myself so hard). I did get up and walk, and was amazed it didn't hurt, but I still felt the fatigue, so kept the walk short. I was happy to get back in bed with the CPM machine.

The occupational therapist didn't have much to do with me, since I'd already been up to the bathroom. She did give me a bit of a suggestion in how I was getting my legs off the bed, which was helpful.

My pain did jump up after the nerve block wore off, but nothing that a shot of Dilaudid couldn't handle. Sorry your early days were so rough.

Please post on the recovery side, so I can keep up with your progress.
 
Hi @Suz,
Sorry to hear you had a setback after a good start. It sounds as if you did have a 'pain storm'. I can't believe the PT was so aggressive when you just had major surgery! It is totally counterproductive, and then you had to suffer the consequences. I had a femoral block too and it's great to wake up in very little pain, but I'm sure that knee needs rest first and foremost. I'm going to have another look on here regarding scar tissue and how much of a problem it can be. My physio is taking a very gentle approach.
Have you started a recovery thread, I'll look out for you there!
Love, Tabbs xxx
 
Yes, there's an article in the library about MUA, scar tissue and adhesions where Josephine writes that PT which is too aggressive can case adhesions to form.
 
My surgery is due on Friday and over the last 4/5 days I've had a sore throat and been losing my voice. Should I be worried and mention this to someone, will it stop my surgery if by Friday it's still like this? Of course it's the weekend now which means I can't phone my GP but I have my pre op on Monday evening, would it be ok to leave until then?
 
I'm new to this forum. Scheduled for TKP on May 23 (left knee). I am very anxious and keep thinking about cancelling. I know I can't unless I want to spend the rest of my life not going anywhere, but I am really scared. I don't know if I'm more scared of the pain or the opiates (I have a sensitively with them) and my side effects are horrible. I'm glad I found this forum and I think I found out how to post a reply.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Ricandmax, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I have deleted your first couple of tries at posting---third time was a charm!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi @Ricandmax
Welcome to the forum. Well done for setting a date for your surgery, first hurdle over!
Many of us have had the same worries, I can relate in particular to yours.
Please come back on here and voice your concerns and anxieties, we will do our best to help, you are among friends.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom