Guest viewing is limited

2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Suz yes, it's getting awfully real. Like you, I'm trying to get everything ready (both at home and at work) for me being down for a while. This site has given me a more realistic expectation of my recovery time-frame, and I think that is a very good thing. I've got all kinds of pre-op appointments and lab work coming up, and I'm ordering the bits and pieces that will help make my recovery more comfortable (bathtub transfer bench and shower curtain, toilet rails, toilet riser, plastic cast cover thing, etc.), and working on rearranging my furniture a bit, to make navigating my house with a walker much easier. I am definitely looking forward to the pain in my knee being a "healing pain" rather than its current state of being, and then ultimately getting BETTER!

I'll have to check out MyKneeGuide.com. Thanks!

@tlmeyn Hi Tracee, welcome to our group!

@Dawni I love your new avatar. You look beautiful.
 
I am having my right knee replaced on May 25. I have end stage arthritis with bone upon bone. I have already had two operations. I had my meniscus mended and my ACL reconstructed out of concrete, I think. I also had a cyst taken off my tibia. The surgeon says he will have to put a stent in because of the reconstructed ACL.
 
i am not sure how to post in the forums. Do I give my name? My name is Sipzener and I am having a right knee replacement on 25 May
 
CaliGirl- I finished all of my pre-op appointments last Friday. My last appt. was with my surgeon. As we were finishing up he said, 'well, the next time I see you we'll be in the OR together'. :scare: Boy that was sobering, haha! He then went on to say, 'after the procedure I'm going to give you the rest of the day off. First thing the next morning.. bootcamp'! Then he said, 'you're not going to like me very much the first two weeks into your recovery- however I'm going to be with you throughout the entire process and I assure you your life is going to be so much better once we get you recovered!' I appreciate your thoughts on things that will make recovery more comfortable. I'm going now to see if I can find some of those on Amazon! Hey- two weeks from right now- we'll be sitting up in our hospital beds with a brand new knee-!! They say the spinal block will keep us comfortable those initial hours after surgery-!
 
Welcome @Sipzener my LTKR is on the 11th May you will finde lots of help hear x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 16 CaliGirl, Suz, Sassagirl
03 May 1 6 Stella99
04 May 16 luv2sew
09 May 16 BullyMom (her first)
11 May 16 Dawni (her second)
17 May 16 tjcteacher (bilateral), lovetocookandsew (washout & new spacer)
18 May 16 tlmeyn
19 May 16 heathme1 (bilateral)
23 May 16 May 23
24 May 16 luv2ash, Kazilla
25 May 16 Sipzener
31 May 16 Mischief
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Sipzener, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

(To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.


Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting)
 
Today I began preparing for the arrival of my 'brand new knee'! I am cutting way back on foods that cause inflammation- primarily, flour & sugar. I know, they're my fav's too- but I do know when I'm eating salads, lean protein & low carb veggies, my knee doesn't scream at me as loudly! From the things I'm reading trying to cram for the big day, controlling the inflammation is 1/2 the battle at winning w/ post-op pain. And getting the cravings for these inflammatory's out of your system before you go to meet the Great Oz I believe will help. So.. I'm sitting here tonight wanting my usual glass of sweet tea but drinking water instead. :tada:

Just thought I'd share this tonight in case there are any May Marvels out there that find themselves a big baby when it comes to pain like I am- LOL!!

I also found the following articles within the forum here helpful!

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/healing-timeframe-phases-processes.21941/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Was in Walmart today. I had read here that big t-shirts and men's gym pants are great for hospital and PT. I looked at them there. Big cotton t-shirts were $3 and change, T-shirt material gym shorts were $5 and change. Just putting this here for those who may be on a budget. I got mine a size up so my son can have them after I heal up. Win-win for me.
 
Please add me to your list. Surgery is May 31, and I'm still alternating between a uni and a total.
 
Welcome mish

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
That should have been welcome mischief x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Welcome stella99

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Kind of scared about this even though I just went through my husband having it done last October!
 
Yes it is scary this is my second TKR last one being in 2012 think I am more scared this time round mine is on 11th may x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Mischief, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Stella99, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Please add me to your list. Surgery is May 31, and I'm still alternating between a uni and a total.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom