2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Poppa don the medical supply company just delivered my walker that my surgeon requested for me, and it's got 2 wheels. Totally not what I was expecting, but this company works with my surgeon all the time, so they absolutely know what he wants. :shrug:
 
Kazilla... We can compare notes about what they put us through. I honestly don't know what to expect, but the doc said my knees were so bad it would be useless to try and do just one, the pain in the other would hamper my rehab and recovery. They are doing them two days apart because Medicare actually pays the doc more to do it that way. At least it will give me some time to get used to the first one before I get the second one two days later, on the 26th.
 
I'm due to have a Zimmer rotating lever hinge joint to replace my left knee on 13th May 2016 to match the one I had to replace my right knee in July 2014.

I think the reason I'm having this particular type of replacement is because I have hypermobility, but that's just my theory.
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Suz
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 16 CaliGirl, Suz, Sassagirl
03 May 1 6 Stella99
04 May 16 luv2sew
09 May 16 BullyMom (her first)
11 May 16 Dawni (her second)
13 May 16 Mad dilys (her second)
17 May 16 tjcteacher (bilateral), lovetocookandsew (washout & new spacer)
18 May 16 tlmeyn
19 May 16 heathme1 (bilateral)
23 May 16 May 23
24 May 16 luv2ash, Kazilla, Poppa don (his first)
25 May 16 Sipzener
26 May 16 Poppa don (his second)
27 May 16 birdwatchr
31 May 16 Mischief, Sunnyo
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@mad dilys, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Poppa...my left is getting rechecked on Monday. It's been under huge stress for a year now due to the right. I may end up being just like you. At this point, I'm just so ready to get this done and get my life back!!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
02 May 16 CaliGirl, Suz, Sassagirl
03 May 1 6 Stella99
04 May 16 luv2sew
Me on the 11th

Just want to wish you all, good luck for your TKRs I will be thinking of you all, I am to follow on the 11th May we can all catch up on the other side, I have only 6 more work days left, I will be throwing myself in to work trying to keep occupied. Good luck my May marvel family will be thinking of you all xx
 
@CaliGirl
Will be thinking of you tomorrow, that everything will go right and you will have a successful surgery and a comfortable start to your recovery. Will be looking out for you on the other side when you are up to it.
Sending hugs from this side of the pond.
Lots of love,Tabby xxxx
 
I'm HERE.. I'm HERE.. I'm HERE!! On the other side with a brand new knee-!!!!! My surgery went so much better than my imagination indicated it would! Hardly any discomfort except for the IV stick- LOL! They even have the nerve & spinal block down to where you hardly feel the nerve block and by the time I got to the spinal block station- I was fast asleep! I realize getting up will be fun in the morning- but, BRING IT ON-!!! I'm going to embrace this recovery starting with PT-!! Going to go ahead and get this posted so it's there on my actual surgery day-!!! I've got a BRAND NEW KNEE- WAHOOOO!!!
 
PS: I so hope things went great for you CaliGirl & Sassagirl-!!

And be warned folks- this could be TMI-!!! I have already rolled over part way, on my own using my legs & hips), and used the bed pan-!!! And it didn't kill me or hurt my knee, haha!! In fact- I'm so proud I would have gladly worn a sticker had it been offered- hee-hee!!

:heehee: :rotfl: :heehee: :rotfl: :heehee: :rotfl: :heehee: :rotfl: :heehee:
 
Congratulations @Suz hope you continue to improve xx

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Dawni
You are in my thoughts as you are getting ready to go in next week. You will be fine.
Love Tabbs xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom