2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ricandmax...I am having mine on the same day as you. I am very anxious as well, but, it's not going to get any better...It really stinks living with all of this pain and this is the only way we can get rid of it. Stay strong!! let's chat afterwards.
Just got my surgery time- 11:15Am. I feel like my life is on hold until this surgery is done. I do tend to be a drama queen lol. I think my biggest concern, besides the pain, is pain management. Good luck with your surgery
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 16 CaliGirl, Suz, Sassagirl
03 May 1 6 Stella99
04 May 16 luv2sew
09 May 16 BullyMom (her first)
10 May 16 meemz
11 May 16 Dawni (her second)
13 May 16 Mad dilys (her second), Littlejem
17 May 16 lovetocookandsew (washout & new spacer)
18 May 16 tlmeyn
19 May 16 heathme1 (bilateral), Walden
23 May 16 May 23, TKRMay21, Ricandmax
24 May 16 luv2ash, Kazilla, Poppa don (his first), akgrl
25 May 16 Sipzener
26 May 16 Poppa don (his second)
27 May 16 birdwatchr
31 May 16 Mischief, Sunnyo, MyChiChi
 
Just wanted to stop by and leave a little encouragement for those who are recently recovering from and those that are about to have their TKR's! I'm 3wks out from mine as of tomorrow and if you follow those bonesmart mantra's as closely as possible- your recovery will be so much better than if you don't!

The hospital staff will have their way with you the few days you're there- and that's good as they'll hopefully be bringing you great pain reliever's. It's when you get home that you'll want to make the bonesmart mantra's your constant companion!

I like an idiot didn't think staying on schedule with my pain meds was 'that big of a deal'. I'd just take them as I felt I needed them. Don't do that. It is a big deal to stay ahead of your recovery pain! I to this day have my cell phone alarm me at my next dose time. Even throughout the night. I thought I would jump ahead and start weaning myself early from the pain meds. WRONG! Don't do it- it takes a long time to get back on top of the pain! You won't get addicted to the medication while pain exists in your body.

Right along with how the pain meds have helped me survive- so has icing my knee w/ ice pads. I've kept them on my knee most of my waking hours. When I go to the restroom, I swing by the freezer to get a fresh one. Even during the night. Allot of times, they have felt better than my meds! Instant relief! There are several to choose from, I'll leave pictures of my two favorites!

I use a thin kitchen towel between the pad and my skin and I wrap an ace bandage around the flexikold pad to keep it snug and on my knee. The 02 Cold & Compression Knee Wrap comes with it's own wrap. I purchased them on Amazon and read many-many reviews before deciding on these two. They both have really helped with the pain.. amazingly so-!

Anyway, 3wks later and I'm able to shower alone (with someone in the house if possible), and my average pain level is at around 3. Not bad considering what my knee has been through!

Stay positive and make this forum your second home as you feel like being online! I like to think that what I'm going through now is a small price to pay for years of a life ahead of me with the knee of a 21yr old!

Hope you will let us all know how you're doing by setting up your recovery thread in the recovery forum afterwards! We can cheer you along there as well~! Just remember- no more hobbling along and a life with much less pain once you're recovered-!

In closing, write those mantra's down and let them help you recover!!

:console2: :elevate: :ice: :chillpill: :yawn: :sleep:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
    Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 1.17.59 PM.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 215
  • [Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
    Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 1.18.54 PM.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:
Scheduled for May 31st! Just joined the group. Found out about my surgery last week!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@MyChiChi, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Suz your just over a week ahead of me my favourite one is the most Flexible gel cold pack the extra large size is brilliant highly recomend that one and back up everything you are saying x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Thanks for the add bottomshollow that is an adorable picture!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom