Guest viewing is limited

2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@hytime, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello, hytime & logikel1. Welcome to BoneSmart. You have found a really good place with lots valuable information. We can all be a support for each other.
 
@hytime Welcome to the Club and don't be scared about any of it. As a second time arounder, I have to admit that the only time I got concerned was when I got home away from the safety bubble of the hospital ward. That's when you notice the lack of stronger meds, but everything comes right after the first couple of weeks and you wonder what all the fuss was about. The main thing I will say is that it's SO worthwhile and marks the beginning of years of painless knees. You'll be fine. Keep in touch and never feel that there's anything you can't ask of this Forum. I found it after my first TKR and it was my savior in many ways.
 
Hello
My left knee TKR surgery is scheduled for June 27, 2016. I am currently recovering from the TKR on my right knee - that surgery was done on March 16, 2016.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 Freedom (her second), Hope2Ski, bigt, hytime
02 June 16 sistersinhim, loulives
03 June 16 Mazza (her second)
06 June 16 JrzyGram (her second)
07 June 16 Nvstig8tr
09 June 16 Presseco
11 June 16 MarciHeff (bilateral)
13 June 16 knitkathy (bilateral), uva55
14 June 16 pippin (bilateral), PolarBear60 (her second)
16 June 16 Happydale, AuntyT, bonniedog, logikel1
20 June 16 Fholley (her second)
21 June 16 Floridagal, TML
22 June 16 Barnmom22
23 June 16 sjc (her second)
27 June 16 lgobrien (her second), Fablesmum (her second)
28 June 15 TKR062816
30 June 16 ozsmom (bilateral)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Fablesmum, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm scheduled to have TKR surgery June 13th, I'm not scared of the surgery itself, I'm tired of planning my life around my knee pain and not being able to do the things I love like dance because I will be in horrible pain for three weeks afterwards, or not being able to travel because can't walk for very long, or going for motorcycle rides with my husband and specially popping pills so that I can make it through the day....I am 60 years old and I want my life back, I'm committed to do what it takes and work as hard as I have to in order to achieve my goal!!!
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well..reading all the positive reinforcement really helps
 
Welcome uva55. You have found the best place for information about knee replacements! Be sure and read every article you can on this site. You'll be glad you did!
 
Thank you for the welcome and this site is a wealth of information. Again thank you
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@uva55, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Left TKR is scheduled for June 21. I started pre-op leg exercises and am reading all I can to prepare myself. I just found this site and look forward to having June Sunbeam buddies throughout this challenge!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@TML, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you for the welcome and support provided on this site! My surgery is only 4 weeks away now, scheduled for June 21.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Been up since 3:00 a.m.... Didn't do much yesterday but enough to have a nagging ache in my right knee which Tylenol will not help...I was taken off pain meds already....it's going to be 3 long weeks!!!
 
Welcome to our June party, TML. Be sure and read all the articles you find on here. The information will be a big help to you. @uva55, have you tried Tiger Balm Arthritis Rub? It really helps me. I read on here that it helps lots of others, too. Good luck. I don't have to come off everything until Thursday. I dread a week without them!
 
Not sure why I had to be off pain meds for 30 days prior to the surgery, but I will do what I'm told I don't want to do anything to complicate things... I will try the tiger balm, thanks for the suggestion @sistersinhim
 
Thx @sistersinhim for the suggestion on Tiger Balm - never heard of it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't heard about it either until I read in on here in one of the posts. I ordered it from Amazon. I have the rub and the patches. They work well.
 
I'm in for rktkr on June 14 and lktkr on July 11...
Skipping finals week in my high school science lab, going to try to go back to concrete/tile floors 7 weeks after July TKR...pending survival and complications etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom