2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OATS procedure June 14th here. Excited and nervous. Last chance to fix it before a TKR. It's on a one week break from classes and my dad is taking me to school the week after (I'm 35 and hoping he pack me a lunch too!!!).


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I really hope so Tabby... I've gone past the fear because I need to start healing and feeling that I can get up and do things. I miss walking... so much. xx
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 Freedom (her second), Hope2Ski, bigt, hytime
02 June 16 sistersinhim, loulives
03 June 16 Mazza (her second)
06 June 16 JrzyGram (her second)
07 June 16 Nvstig8tr
09 June 16 Presseco
11 June 16 MarciHeff (bilateral)
13 June 16 knitkathy (bilateral)
14 June 16 pippin (bilateral), PolarBear60 (her second)
16 June 16 Happydale, AuntyT, bonniedog, logikel1
20 June 16 Fholley (her second)
21 June 16 Floridagal
22 June 16 Barnmom22
23 June 16 sjc (her second)
27 June 16 lgobrien (her second)
28 June 15 TKR062816
30 June 16 ozsmom (bilateral)
 
@ridgw003, for those who do not know what an OATS procedure is, the following is submitted:

OATS stands for “osteochondral autograft transfer system”. It is one of two types of cartilage transfer procedures. The other is called “Mosaicplasty”. Cartilage transfer procedures involve moving healthy cartilage from an area of the knee that is non weight bearing to a damaged cartilage area of the knee.

Since this is not a knee replacement, I cannot put you on the June surgery list; but you are more than welcome on the forum.
 
I am having tkr right knee June 22nd. I am so glad to have found this forum as I am scared and worried about so many facets of this challenge. And I am trying not to burden my family and friends --I will be such a burden after the surgery.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome @Barnmom22. Read everything you can on this site. The information is extremely valuable and can save you from having much unneeded pain and frustration. We have and are going through the same thing you are and one good way to help yourself is to get prepared physically, mentally and emotionally. This site will help you do that. Experience is the best teacher and the members here have experience! You will be fine. Many here will offer up prayers for you. I find that very comforting for my upcoming surgery!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Barnmom22, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm having bilateral TKR on June 13. Wanted to put it off a few more years, or at least till late fall but my left knee buckles and gets very sore, the right knee just hurts. I have been having a hard time riding my bike up hills, so I try to avoid them, which is a challenge living in a river valley. I had 2 weekends where I could barely walk. I did not get a 2nd opinion, my surgeon has done TKRs in many people I know and comes highly recommended, I am comfortable with him. Some days I have almost no pain and think I should cancel. I'm really worried about recovery and wanting to get my active life back. I am a swimmer as well as a cyclist and will miss the pool during recovery.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@knitkathy, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Yes ... I have just seen my surgeon and he doesn't think my left knee is bad enough to warrant a TKR as
It is not painful, just unstable. My right knee however is shot so we have planned my surgery for 13 July



49 year old
Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14
Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13
Scheduled for BTKR in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome to our June party, knitkathy. Be sure and read and follow everything on here. The information is invaluable and will save you lots of confusion and most of all, pain. The BoneSmart way has been proven the correct way over and over again. You want be sorry to be on this site. We have many friends that can relate to exactly what you're going through. And lots of people who'll be praying for you.
 
Becoming a June Sunbeamer on June 3rd when I have LTKR. Probably more apprehensive than 2013 when I had the RTKR, because I know what's coming. The other side of the coin is knowing the eventual outcome will be worth every bit of pain for the first few weeks. I have started my Thread as "Here I go again" in the pre-op knee section.
 
Welcome Mazza! I'm one day ahead of you. Remember to follow the suggestions on this site and you'll do fine.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Mazza, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us again. With two bionic knees, there'll be no stopping you!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Ok I was having Surgery on July 5, but I was moved up to June 1st!!!!!
So I went from a sparkler to a sunbeam
 
Yippee! @bigt, another one to add to our June party! You have come to the right place. Read everything that is sent to you from here and you'll do just fine.
 
I, too, am scheduled for total right knee replacement surgery in June, 6/16/16 to be exact. My surgeon will be putting in a ConforMIS knee. I'm pretty much ready to go. Since I live alone I'm putting together my TKR Angel Team and what I will need them to do. Just unsure if I need them to cover 24 hours a day and, if so, for how long. I've already gotten a lot of good advice from this site and will continue reading.


Kelly
 
I am scheduled for a left total knee replacement on June 1. This will be my first replacement, scared but so tired of all the pain
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@bigt, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@logikel1, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom