2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm committed. Surgery date now June 6th. Who would have known that I would get a new knee at age 40? However, I'm really looking forward to walking/hiking/climbing and *gasp* not having my knees hurt at night!!!
 
@Floridagal I just noticed your surgery has been moved to June 1! So happy for you to get in sooner. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm still on schedule for June 21 - you'll be 3 weeks ahead of me.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 Freedom (her second), Hope2Ski, bigt, hytime, Floridagal
02 June 16 sistersinhim, loulives
03 June 16 Mazza (her second)
06 June 16 JrzyGram (her second), Rocky Road
07 June 16 Nvstig8tr
09 June 16 Presseco
12 June 16 katgonmom (her second)
13 June 16 knitkathy (bilateral), uva55, Eureka
14 June 16 pippin (bilateral), PolarBear60 (her second), tpellerin (her first)
16 June 16 Happydale, AuntyT, bonniedog, logikel1, MarciHeff (bilateral)
20 June 16 Fholley (her second), faxman (revision)
21 June 16 TML, KaseyDoodl (bilateral)
22 June 16 Barnmom22
23 June 16 sjc (her second)
27 June 16 lgobrien (her second), Fablesmum (her second)
28 June 15 TKR062816
30 June 16 ozsmom (bilateral)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Rocky Road, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
wow the June Sunbeams include a significant number of bilaterals, seconds and revisions!! Lots of rehab.. on it's way from Wednesday... good luck everyone! you really are a very special group of patients xxxxx
 
Wow.... There are so many of us having surgery in June... I can't wait until we all report one year from now to say how well we are doing.... God luck to everyone:flwrysmile:
 
Happy Memorial Day... If there are any vets out there, thank you so much for all of your sacrifices and for your service to thus country which provides us with all this freedom we enjoy
 
We sure do have a lot of 'family members' in our June schedule. How blessed we are to have each other through this trying time!
 
Hi there, just to let you know my date has changed - :biking: I have to wait longer :( but only four days :).
My bilateral is now Thursday 16/6/16. I see I am joining a few more bonesmarties on the day.. It'll be good to hear how everyone gets on.. xxx
 
@MarciHeff I'm on the 13th got all final instructions yesterday from my OS and hospital...it feels really REAL now:yikes: hahaha!
 
I am schedule for bilateral TKR June 21, if I don't back out. It has been schedule for over 8 weeks, so I have had a lot of time to think about it. I am very concerned about the length of the recovery period.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@KaseyDoodl, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@KaseyDoodl the recovery is not going to be easy but it's going to be much shorter than the years you have already been in pain, my surgery is next Monday, and I'm not looking forward to the recovery but I am looking forward to getting my life back, doing the things I enjoy, dancing, long walks, taking my grandkids to amusement parks, traveling, just to mention a few...this site has great information which, hopefully, will help in our recovery
 
Hello! I'm scheduled for my 2nd TKR on my left knee on June 28th. However, just today, I called the nurse freaking out because why would I have TKR if I don't have pain? She explained that, because I'm bone-on-bone now, not having surgery puts my TKR on my right knee at risk. I'm so torn! I had my first TKR on December 8th of 2015 and was back in the classroom by January 11th. This time around, I'll have all of July to recover and a bit of August before school starts. Like I said, though, the absence of pain in my left knee is making me question whether I need to go through with this now. (I wish I had found this forum before my first surgery; I've learned so much already.)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@katgonmom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thanks so very much! Can you change it to July 12th, please? I just spoke to the nurse again, and we rescheduled it for that date. I feel better about going through with it now.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom