Guest viewing is limited

2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm joining Happydale with my right TKR on the 16th - hospital rang me yesterday with the date. Still in a slight state of shock now that it's really going to happen, but really looking forward to getting me life back as the last couple of months have been hell. Have had arthritis for more years than I haven't so this has been on the cards for a long time, but I've well and truly beaten the prognosis of the consultant who did my 2nd knee op when I was 20 - he said I'd need a new knee in 10 or 12 years time. 29 years ago. :)
 
Hi everyone,

I'm booked in for a right TKR on June 16. I was hoping for a bilateral but the surgeon said no. I've had osteoarthritis in both knees for about 10 years and like others on here, some days are awesome and some are awful. I was a bit shocked when I was told that I had no other options, but soon got used to the idea and now I can't wait. :)
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 Freedom (her second), Hope2Ski
02 June 16 sistersinhim, loulives
06 June 16 JrzyGram (her second)
07 June 16 Nvstig8tr
09 June 16 Presseco
11 June 16 MarciHeff (bilateral)
14 June 16 pippin (bilateral), PolarBear60 (her second)
16 June 16 Happydale, AuntyT, bonniedog
20 June 16 Fholley (her second)
21 June 16 Floridagal
23 June 16 sjc (her second)
27 June 16 lgobrien (her second)
28 June 15 TKR062816
30 June 16 ozsmom (bilateral)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@JrzyGram, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@AuntyT, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@bonniedog, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello @bonniedog. Welcome to our group. I, too was hoping for a bilateral, but my OS didn't think it would be right for me. I'm hoping to get the 2nd one replaced before the end of the year. If we both heal quickly enough we just might be able to do that! Be sure and read all the resources on BoneSmart. They are a huge help! The more you know, the better off you'll be! One of the most important things is to not let PT touch your knee, push or pull it, or hurt you. You do the PT, not the therapist! Out of 10 knee surgeries through the years, I had therapy only 1 time and I did better the 9 times without it. Your body and knee will know when it's time to try to get back to normal activities. It might take up to a year, but that's OK. The knees have been bad for much longer than that! Don't push yourself, you'll just set yourself back! Baby steps!
 
Welcome @bonniedog and @AuntyT! I'm so happy to have two others to go through this with right on the same day! It really is cool that we span 3 continents yet can be "together" in a sense across the oceans. I've been spending a lot of time poking through the BoneSmart website, and it has been extremely helpful! I look forward to getting to know you.
 
@bottomshollow I have canceled my TKR on June 27. I will reschedule once I have my sleep apnea under control. I will let you know and continue following this community. Thanks for the support.
 
Good luck, birdinger. I hope your knee behaves while you're waiting for another date.
 
@birdinger, you have been removed from the June surgery list. Will be looking for you to reschedule in the future. Lots of luck with your sleep apnea.
 
Hello everyone, I am listed for a Bilateral Knee Replacement on Saturday 11th June,2016. I can't walk for long so I am very very ready to be driven to the hospital for my operation. I'm exercising my arms - for the crutches and stretching the back of my legs as they tighten up so easily, and I'm reading both here and a book on TKR.

I know that I can overdo things too much, so reading about being tired and taking it easy has been so reassuring. I have just been signed off work as I can't stand for long... I am so pleased that I will be recovering through the summer, a new garden lounger is unpacked but waiting in the garage. I've been laughing because I feel like I'm nesting, I have been tidying up and organising my life a lot lately.

I am very happy to have found the site... it's an amazing community that helps me understand what's going to happen. Understanding helps me feel less stressed. Bring on the 11th June.
 
Hi @MarciHeff
You are very welcome to the forum, it's good you have found it a few weeks before your surgery. It sounds as if you are getting prepared and with all the advice and support here you will certainly be as ready as possible for this experience.
I'm the same age as you and also in the UK. If there's anything we can help with, let us know.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
@MarciHeff, welcome to our June party! Be sure and read everything you can on this site. The information is great and can help you have a much easier time healing and getting a new lease on life!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@MarciHeff, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@MarciHeff, welcome to our June party! Be sure and read everything you can on this site. The information is great and can help you have a much easier time healing and getting a new lease on life!


Thanks Sisterinhim... Im still finding my way around the sight but I come back here when Im focusing on my operation or if I ahve a question.. it's great!! x
 
Hi @MarciHeff
You are very welcome to the forum, it's good you have found it a few weeks before your surgery. It sounds as if you are getting prepared and with all the advice and support here you will certainly be as ready as possible for this experience.
I'm the same age as you and also in the UK. If there's anything we can help with, let us know.
Love, Tabby xxx


Thank you Tabbycat... I appreciate the care.. xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom