2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow sunbeams. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be the only surgery in June, then all of a sudden I have all you to join me! We will help each other through this. And BoneSmart is the best place for information and help from those who have been through the same exact thing and know how we feel. I've had two months to prepare for mine and find each week I've bought or done things to get ready. But boy, is this time flying! I'm glad it will be warm when we will have to be doing all the icing!
 
@birdwatchr Hi there. I read some terrible things about the side effects of the anti-inflammatory I was taking and stopped it on Mon., a week ago. I googled natural anti-inflammatories and bought vitamins, minerals, herbs and food that have those positive attributes. I'm uncomfortable now, but it could be worse. It will probably take a while for them to build up in me. Just to know that I'm doing my body good makes me feel better! Good luck in your surgery and all our surgeries!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 Freedom (her second)
02 June 16 sistersinhim
07 June 16 Nvstig8tr
09 June 16 Presseco
14 June 16 pippin (bilateral)
16 June 16 Happydale
23 June 16 sjc (her second)
27 June 16 birdinger, lgobrien (her second)
28 June 15 TKR062816
 
Here I go again! Second knee -- this will be RTKR -- is now scheduled, June 1!!!

I really think I have lost my mind, lol. But, must be done.
 
Hello! Yes, I am June 23rd. I had my right tkr done in March. So glad to find this site, but still trying to figure out how to use it!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Freedom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam! Keep us posted, we care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@sjc, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Here is a link to using the forum---just click on it:
How To Use This Forum

https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/how-to-use-this-forum.74/
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Freedom, I've been following you on the other side and now you are back on this side again! Your surgery is one day before mine. I pray all goes well with you and the rest of us facing this journey! It's so scary, but before we know it we'll be posting on the other side! I'll be so glad when this is over with. You've already been through one, so this is your final one. I'll be facing another one after this one! I'm sure I'll learn a lot from your experiences.
 
Welcome to our June club @Freedom and @sjc! Nice to have you join us for what promises to be a very interesting summer. :flwrysmile: You're in good company and I feel so relieved to have others join in on the journey.
 
Thank you for the welcome Happydale. It's so nice to have support!
 
I'm SO glad this forum is still here!! I had my first PKR (right knee) in May of 2008 and it helped immensely having such a support group! It's time to have my left knee replaced and it is scheduled for June 27!!! I can't wait! I had such success with my first knee.

I did not really have any issues with my left knee until the last six months. I work for a CPA firm and just had to figure a way to get thru tax season with all the pain! So, I got a steroid injection, it helped me thru April 18th, but not enough to change my mind on the surgery. Looking forward to this adventure with all of you!!!
 
Hey @lgobrien - nice to see another Michigander in the group! I also appreciate your comment that you can't wait. I am feeling mostly dread, so it's reassuring to me that you've been through this before and are still full steam ahead to address your left side. Will this be a total knee or partial for you this time?
 
He thinks probably a partial again, but will decide once he gets in there. My aunt was my biggest cheerleader after my last surgery. One big thing I learned: Do your PT religiously. The doctor can do the surgery, but only your commitment to the rehab is what will make it a success!

I know in the 8 years since my first surgery, medicine/procedures have only improved! I'm ready to get my life back again so I can keep up with my three young grandchildren!

The other thing, the pain we have right now will only get worse without the surgery. After surgery, it's a different pain AND you know it will go away.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@lgobrien, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@pippin, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Welcome @pippin! With 9 of us having surgery in June, we'll be in good company. You'll be 2 days before me.
 
Hello @pippin! You are so brave having both knees done at once! Welcome to the group. Read everything they send you. It's all very good information! You'll find many friends on here. Be sure and check out threads on the recovery side. Many good tips from them!
 
I can't seem to find the box that says Post Thread . Can some tell me if it is because I'm using a tablet and not a PC?
 
@GCLady, We want to share your journey with you. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the blue line at the top of the page. On the drop down menu, click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area or Recovery Area" whichever is appropriate at this time. On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom