Guest viewing is limited

2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTKR date is 6-20, RTKR WAS 3-22. First time was awesome, second time should be great.


Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 Freedom (her second), Hope2Ski
02 June 16 sistersinhim, loulives
07 June 16 Nvstig8tr
09 June 16 Presseco
14 June 16 pippin (bilateral), PolarBear60 (her second)
16 June 16 Happydale
20 June 16 Fholley (her second)
21 June 16 Floridagal
23 June 16 sjc (her second)
27 June 16 birdinger, lgobrien (her second)
28 June 15 TKR062816
30 June 16 ozsmom (bilateral)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Fholley, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!


Welcome back to the forum. We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Going ahead with Plan B. Put me down for my Right TKR on June 14th.
 
Hi y'all! I was scheduled for a right TKR today for June 21. I am also on the cancellation list so it could come sooner. I'm a newbie to posting so may make some mistakes. Like Sistersinhim mentioned, most days I can get along fine but last week I found myself on crutches after a workout. That made me decide it was time since I am not getting any younger and the left knee sometimes bothers me. This is scarrrrry. I will appreciate your sunshine. :hi:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@PolarBear60, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!


Since you're staff, you know the drill, and you know WE CARE!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Floridagal, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I don't think of myself as brave. I am actually pretty scared. Both of my knees are so messed up that doing both made sense. I have worked with my surgeon for years as he helped put this off for as long as possible. I really like and trust him so that helps, but when I really think about what I am preparing to have done----YIKES!
 
I'm scheduled for a bilateral TKA on June 30. I just NEED to have it done. Tired of all the years of pain!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@ozsmom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Getting my Left knee replaced June 1 at one pm. 42 year old male, 2 kids, 4 and 2, and I have had 12 surgeries on my I left knee after a total tear of my lateral meniscus that was not repairable.

I have had micro fracture, meniscal transplant followed by infection. Most recently 5 years ago I had a DFO and a debridement. The knee hurts all the time, leg is weak, and it is affecting my whole well being. I am scared out of my mind to undergo another surgery and recovery, but I want to teach my 4 year old to ski next fall. That is my why, I want my life back.
 
I am scheduled for TKR on 6/2! My first and I have heard it is not for the weak of heart!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Hope2Ski, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@loulives, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all. Have not been on this site for awhile as I have been dealing with sleep study and learning more about sleep apnea/CPAP. I had a study last Friday. Didn't sleep until 3 or 4 am but they got enough data to diagnose sleep apnea. I have to go back (6/1) and repeat the study using CPAP to determine correct pressure settings for my therapy. UGH! I want time to get used to the mask, etc. before going in for my TKR. So...it looks like I will probably delay my surgery until July or August. I probably should have gone in for a sleep study several years back but was in denial when my husband indicated I might have sleep apnea. :sad:

Welcome to all the newcomers.
Ruth
 
Welcome to our June group, Hope2Ski. It sounds like you've already been through a lot with your knee, so I can see why you decided it's time to get a more permanent solution. With two little kids, you've got a lot of motivation to make a change. A theme I see recurring on this site is folks being tired of their knees dictating their lives.
 
And welcome to you too, @loulives. I've been reading as much as I can on this site, and I hope you'll find it as helpful as I have. While I appreciate others being honest about their ups and downs, it is reassuring for me to know what I might expect. The articles are all really helpful too.
 
I'm scheduled for TKR June 6. I had my right knee replaced on March 7 and I'm looking forward to having my left knee done. Yes, I am a bit anxious, but I would much rather get rid of the constant pain of arthritis.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom