2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to add my name to the September surgery list. Not sure if this is how to do it! My surgery date is Sept 21, 2015.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 15 BumbleB, JanB
04 September 15 PegGene
08 September 15 Inlove, Hipster Girl (her first)
12 September 15 daughterofalmightyGod
14 September 15 Shelby58
17 September 15 daniel95503 (his second)
21 September 15 CricketHip, GGAZ
22 September 15 DeepBreath (her first)
24 September 15 Doodles51 (her second)
25 September 15 Cherie
28 September 15 Kim22 (her second), Serenity12
29 September 15 Mimi#51, ploganea, topgun
30 September 15 Plum Perfect
 
@Inlove @Hipster Girl I hope you are both doing well and wish you a smooth and steady recovery! :flwrysmile: I had my LTHR on Fri 9/4 and I think the best advice I've gotten is to be sure to take your medications consistently and keep the ice coming-that helps tremendously.
 
Blessings to all!!! Hips so sore today....soaking....does anyone take fish oil?
I have bloodwork, xrays, and ekg next tuesday.Praying all preliminary is good!!!:) my weight loss has stalled and stuck at 13lbs! Gonna b a miracle to lose 20 plus bfore surgery!!!!! Getting frustrated......mentally tired. Take care everyone and 4 those having it blessings and great recovery:bored:
 
@topgun I just had all my 'stuff' completed yesterday! I have been taking fish oil but was told to stop everything 1 week before surgery. Regarding the weight loss, I find that the more I worry and think about it the worse I am. I used weight watchers to loose my weight and have been able to keep it off for many years now. You might try there program for a week or two before surgery, it might be different enough from what you've been doing to kick start your metabolism again. Another thing I saw recently is to eat immediately anytime you actually feel hungry, a few almonds or something similar. Just enough to have your body acknowledge that it isn't starving, this keeps your body from conserving it's stores. Keep up the good work!
 
@Plum Perfect
Thank you. Had real food this afternoon. RED MEAT, veggies, and a small piece of cheese. Been doing GNC protein shakes, vitamins, and a light salad for several days, but tonight had manfood......LOL

Tom.back to lean...and mean for 3 days.
 
@topgun, sending good thoughts your way. Those ultra painful days are the pits. Here's hoping your labs, xrays, etc come out just fine. 13 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. That's a great accomplishment.
Take good care of yourself.
 
@DeepBreath

Thank you. Today has been rough as my hip joints ached really bad today!:) trying to stretch and listen to relaxing music. Kind regards this afternoon:tiredwheel::bow:
 
@pegjean and plum perfect. I made it through the surgery. Went home today. No more hip pain, but just incisional pain. I've been up walking with my walker since the day of surgery. I'm keeping on top of pain. My pain level never got above 7. I love in a 2nd floor apt and honestly going up the stairs wasn't bad at all.
 
Way to go @Inlove !
It's so hard to imagine, good to hear your report. :loveshwr:
 
@topgun, I see you're in Louisiana. Are you experiencing this rainy front that's hitting the coast and down south?
I was wondering if that could be contributing to your pain.
We had a super unstable weather day here and my hips were telling me about it.
It sounds like you're really proactive with the stretching, fish oil, and such.
I hope tomorrow is a less painful day. Take care!
 
@Inlove, great to hear the pain is gone. You have given me much confidence, that is one of the best things about this forum, we get to hear first hand. Wishing you continued success with your recovery, don't forget to stop in and let us know how you're doing.
 
@topgun, sorry to hear you've had a bad day today. I hope reading inlove's great report will give you something good to think about. Be kind to yourself, a hot bath always helps me on those bad days,less than two weeks to go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom