2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Inlove I'm glad all went well for you and you're on the road to recovery!! :flwrysmile:I find the stairs pretty easy as well painwise, just tiring and slow. The hard part for me is lifting my leg into the car, into bed, to move it left or right from a sitting position. Hoping you have a continued smooth and steady recovery.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 15 BumbleB, JanB
04 September 15 PegGene
08 September 15 Inlove, Hipster Girl (her first)
12 September 15 daughterofalmightyGod
14 September 15 Shelby58
17 September 15 daniel95503 (his second)
21 September 15 CricketHip, GGAZ
22 September 15 DeepBreath (her first)
24 September 15 Doodles51 (her second)
25 September 15 Cherie
28 September 15 Kim22 (her second), Serenity12
29 September 15 Mimi#51, ploganea, topgun
30 September 15 Plum Perfect
 
:flwrysmile:Hi everybody, I am just now able to finally check in. My surgery went very well but since I have no help at home, I was sent to rehab where I will spend a week or so. It is very hard to be so confined and restricted but my surgeon doesn't want his patients out of the house until the 4-week post-op so I'm not missing much anyway, plus it is very nice to have the help with showering & getting in/out of bed, etc so that I will be comfortable with those things before I go home.

Pain is almost non-existent so I am happy about that!

@Inlove, so glad to hear things are going well and best wishes to all other September Sapphires!
 
@Hipster Girl, we want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Hip Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Hip Replacement Recovery Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
@Hipster Girl so glad to hear so surgery went well, wishing you continued great, pain-free recovery. The forum is so helpful, I have been having mini panic attacks and every time I read someones successful story it reassures me - thank you.
 
@Plum Perfect
Thank you. Had preliminary today, ekg, labworks. Praying everything checks out.

Getting little anxious....so many yhings......of course my job us asking me to do more and more......bc i will b off for a while....thank u for encouragement......straining a little today. Must try and release.......
 
@topgun, I see you're in Louisiana. Are you experiencing this rainy front that's hitting the coast and down south?
I was wondering if that could be contributing to your pain.
We had a super unstable weather day here and my hips were telling me about it.
It sounds like you're really proactive with the stretching, fish oil, and such.
I hope tomorrow is a less painful day. Take care!
 
Yes. Weather front.......never thought that would increase achey feeling than on liw humidity dayz.......hmmmmm. nice thinking.....
 
I have my pre-op appt and physical tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting my right hip fixed but now my left leg is swelling. The left hip is the good hip! I guess I am getting anxious. I really wish my surgery was sooner, Sept 29th seems far away.
 
@ploganea Good luck with your Preop tomorrow I hope all goes well for you.My date is the day before yours and our time will be here before you know it.Dobyou know why your left leg is swollen ?
 
@ploganea
Understand completely!!!! The hospital i am at in Baton Rouge is so particular......so dpecific and picky....it is a wonder anyone has surgery......Yet, in the ER they will just about perform any surgery necessary........makes u wonder......if they r padding their outcomes!!!!
Yeppp. SEP.29TH is too far away....awaiting my lab results,ekg, xray results, nose swsb, and urinalysis results.........then.....prayerfully....CLEARANCE. Of course my stress level as s sales rep. And my company are daily ramping uppppp. Ready to get on with surgery.....Please Lord soon.
 
@Kim22 I am hoping the swelling on my left leg is due to OA. I plan on talking to the PA tomorrow when I have the pre-op. @topgun This waiting is tough. I am self-employed so I am trying to get everything done for my pre-op, rearranging my house and work! At least I am staying busy but it is increasing my worry level. Let's get this DONE! :snork:
 
Thank you for your good wishes @DeepBreath I see you are due to have your first new hip on Sunday so only a few more days to go for you.Sending you all my good wishes for your surgery and for a great recovery
 
@ploganea
self employment makes the recovery plans a wee bit trickier, yes? I think I have all of my work related stuff all worked out. its like prepping two separate homes.
 
@CricketHip I am trying to get everything done but my clients aren't helping. When they don't get me what I need, even though it is their fault, it will make me stressed. The house is rearranged, food is cooked and in the freezer so I have done what I can do.

You are almost there, best wishes on your surgery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom