Guest viewing is limited

2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having my left hip replaced on 28th September which is still 12 weeks away.This is my second time round as I had the right one replaced in March 2013. I am looking forward to getting to know the other September Sapphires.
I'm also having hip replace to.My first one was in June 10,2015 on my left hip and it went well,except for the swelling.Sept 1, 2015 I'm going to see my bone Dr. about doing my right hip.I think that total hip replacement is the key to be able to walk again like you use to.I had AVN in both hips and I'm half way walking ,just my right leg dragging behind me.Don't give up and do your rehab for six days and take a rest when needed ,You be amazed on how well your leg will be doing.( along with a bone Dr. that did your total hip surgery right).I'm at my 10 weeks walking with no pain in my left hip.I'm glade I got mine done and waiting for getting my other one done
 
hi @gregsohappy; wow, glad the first surgery went so well, how brave you are to have the 2nd one done so soon !!! You must be feeling MUCH better to make that decision,,,,,I wish you the best... please keep us posted !
 
Welcome to the forum @gregsohappy2 I am so happy to hear that your left hip is doing so well only 10 weeks after surgery.I am having the same surgeon who replaced the right one replacing the left and I am looking forward to getting rid of the pain, the limp and the walking stick. Only a month to go now ! Good luck for your appointment on the 1st September and who knows you may be having your second one done about the same time.
 
hi @gregsohappy; wow, glad the first surgery went so well, how brave you are to have the 2nd one done so soon !!! You must be feeling MUCH better to make that decision,,,,,I wish you the best... please keep us posted !
Thank you so much for replying back .I'm only 44 years old and have two small children,that I'm taking care of all by myself . My AVN of both hips really made it hard to take care of my children ,But now I'm BETTER then before and I'm a Happier daddy and playing with my children more.Soon I hope I'll will be able to caught up with my children ,when they walk fast.I'm all so thinking about going back to work ,if my other hip replacement go well,but it will take a year before that happens (I hope). I hope your hip Replacement is going well and you are not in a lot of pain.I can understand hip pain and not being able to walk.I feel for those who has to go though total hip replacement. Then pain is really pain and rehab is also.It just take time for everything to heal .Please don't try to do anything after two weeks after your surgery ,because it will set you back, just take it slow and your hip will get stronger in time .I pray your surgery go very well and your life from it gets better , Please TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF!!!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 15 BumbleB, JanB
04 September 15 PegGene
08 September 15 Inlove, Hipster Girl (her first)
14 September 15 Shelby58
17 September 15 daniel95503 (his second)
21 September 15 CricketHip
23 September 15 Cynthia777
24 September 15 Doodles51 (her second)
25 September 15 Cherie
28 September 15 Kim22 (her second), Serenity12
29 September 15 Mimi#51, ploganea, topgun
 
@JanB - I am counting down the days! The surgeon's office has called twice to see if I would do the procedure as outpatient. I said no way! I have no idea what to expect, or how well I will tolerate the anesthesia, so, just, NO.
I am scheduled for a one night stay. Since I am a fussy individual, and need my routine, I know I won't be sleeping or comfortable in the hospital, but one night is ok!

How about you? Are you mentally ready?
 
So happy to have found this forum! I have severe osteoarthritis in both hips and just recently discovered I've had hip dysplasia in both hips my whole life as well but just didn't know it.

I have always been very active up until the past year or two when the pain has gotten unbearable. I am in excruciating pain doing even the simplest of things. I need both hips replaced with the first one (right) being on Sept 8th so it looks like I am a September Sapphire as well. I'm nervous but so very excited to get my life back too!

:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Hipster Girl !! Your surgery date is a week away! What approach is the surgeon using? Yes, I am nosey like that. :heehee:
 
Thanks so much for the warm welome! CricketHip, my surgeon is using the anterior supine approach which is supposed to reduce pain & recovery time - we shall soon see if that's true.. :)
 
Add me.......September 29th!:):) I was moved up from October a few days ago.Thank u
 
I survived! Tuesday was a terrible day that started with the hospital telling me that they couldn't verify my insurance, even though they had done it the day before. As if I wasn't stressed out enough! Of course everything was closed because my surgery was at 7. Then I had a horrible upset stomach all day long. I'm home today, the incision pain isn't as bad, and I was able to make my own breakfast (and make a cup of coffee!). I'll share more later
 
Well wishes :bath:and best of blessings to everyone having surgery thismonth! Today my rt.hip locked trying to get up from porcelain goddess! :)Ouch:tantrum:. I let out such a yell my neighbor mowing his yard probably heard me. Ready to move forward.:bored:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom