Guest viewing is limited

2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777
September 29. Praying all goes well. Thank u. Soaking tonight in hot bubbly tub!!!People say, Lord if these bones could talk. Mine do they say, OUCH my boy:rotfl:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 15 BumbleB, JanB
04 September 15 PegGene
08 September 15 Inlove, Hipster Girl (her first)
12 September 15 daughterofalmightyGod
14 September 15 Shelby58
17 September 15 daniel95503 (his second)
21 September 15 CricketHip
22 September 15 DeepBreath (her first)
24 September 15 Doodles51 (her second)
25 September 15 Cherie
28 September 15 Kim22 (her second), Serenity12
29 September 15 Mimi#51, ploganea, topgun
 
@Cynthia777, I have removed you from the list as you requested. Absolutely no need to be sorry---your decision not to have surgery now makes perfect sense. I'll be here to put you on the list when your time does come.
 
I'm scheduled for a total right hip replacement 15 Sep 15. I have a good surgeon, his staff seems kind, helpful. I'm trying to trust, but I feel ill prepared emotionally, physically, spiritually. Other than working at my job in a stressful environment and running short errands, I've been pretty isolated. I'm working through next week, with surgery on the following Tuesday. I will be staying with a friend when I'm discharged, but am worrying about my body size, my ability to get up out of bed, in/out of chairs and using the toilet. The 90 degree precaution seems impossible. I'm scared of dislocation and blood clots.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I am 48 and have had hip problems since being born with dislocated hips. I should have had my hips replaced years ago, but I am stubborn. The pain and stiffness has just become too much though and so I bit the bullet and started my journey in June.
The summer was a busy season for my OS and I was told that I would likely be looking at an October surgery. Lo and behold, they contacted me last week and it looks like I will be getting the first of two THR on Sept. 22nd.
I am not a candidate for bilateral since I have hip dysplasia and that's a bit more involved they tell me.
Part of me is excited and part of me is terrified. I look forward to reading about your journeys and getting to know you. I'm so glad there is a place for sharing this experience.
 
@daughterofalmightyGod

You are not alone...you have all your new family here! More importantly, you've got the greatest surgeon on your side...if you know what I mean! I will hold you up in prayer dear sister! God bless!!!!!!!

Ps...you're having you surgery on my daughters birthday, so you can bet I won't forget. :-)
 
Thank you for the welcome! daughterofalmightyGod, I so understand your fears. Sending good thoughts out for you. :)
 
Well tomorrow's the day for me!! I feel blessed to have the absolute best hip surgeon in this area. I'm nervous and scared but I know I must do this to get my quality of life back. I worked up until yesterday and will be off work until Oct 22.
 
Best wishes for you @Inlove !!!
I will be sending prayers up for you starting tonight.
 
@Hipster Girl
Sending you warm thoughts and prayers for a stress free night and morning AND a successful surgery!! Oh, how I envy you, getting a 2 week jump on me!
 
Thanks for the thoughts & prayers Plum Perfect & Cricket Hip!! I am exhausted running around like crazy getting things ready and am starting to feel very nervous but also so ready to be rid of this pain.

Hard to believe that in 24 hours, I will have my new hip! I think I am more nervous about the recovery process & restrictions at this point but "the only way out is through" so this is the first step.

@Inlove, we have the same surgery date and I am thinking of you and wish you all the best tomorrow!
 
Thank you all for the well wishes. We spent the day getting the necessary items for when I come home. Tomorrow will be here before we know it!!!!! Hipster girl we will do great tomorrow!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom