2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning @Kim22, @Serenity12, @ploganea, and @topgun, our last few days on this side. I'm thinking of all of you and wishing successful surgery and smooth recovery. Thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences and been so supportive. I'm so glad I found this site and so appreciate of everyone. I've become so used to not make any quick movements to avoid pain that I have been reasonably comfortable, yesterday I stepped on something funny and had that sharp pain which reminded me I am making the right decision.
 
Yes, you will! Can't wait to read your wonderful recovery stories. :)
 
@Plum Perfect I know exactly where you are coming from.I had a few low pain days recently after an awful period and even managed a walk on the beach.Ridiculous I know but I started to doubt my decision to have the op but today is a different story.We have just had a very short walk by the river and both my hip and knee are very painful. I am grateful for that on the day before surgery as it has confirmed my decision.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 15 BumbleB, JanB
04 September 15 PegGene
08 September 15 Inlove, Hipster Girl (her first)
12 September 15 daughterofalmightyGod
14 September 15 Shelby58
17 September 15 daniel95503 (his second)
21 September 15 CricketHip, GGAZ
22 September 15 DeepBreath (her first)
24 September 15 Doodles51 (her second)
25 September 15 Cherie
28 September 15 Kim22 (her second), Serenity12
29 September 15 ploganea, topgun
30 September 15 Plum Perfect
 
@Plum Perfect Wednesday will be here before you know it! Looking back on it, I would say that the last 2 days were a very special time. Nervous, but for the most part a very calm time. I wish that for you too. You are such a sweet, kind person and you have been very supportive to me and many others.. now it will be our turn to support you! Those little missteps sure help keep us pointed in the right direction!
Best wishes to you, too @Kim22 and @Serenity12- may you have enough of those missteps to keep you at peace with your decision for a THR.
 
@Kim22
Thank you. I must say that healing has taken place and things r lookjng better. Cat banished. It has been exausting avoiding any skin blemishes with 3 kids a dog and crazy cat.

Well wishes to everyone tonight
 
@Kim22 and @Serenity12 all the best tomorrow for a successful surgery with a speedy recovery. I am thinking of you both and sending healing thoughts your way. Just think on Thursday all the September Sapphires will be on the other side. Enjoy those nice clean sheets, I always love the feeling of getting into clean sheets after a nice long shower. Despite the drought this week I'm treating myself to long showers!!
 
Ok. For those having surgery Monday....A heart felt gitterr dunn!:) No doubt it is your day. Have a fantastic surgery.
Prayers tonight......For those in recovery. Continued well wishes and healing thoughts.
Whewww. It has been such a juggling act this evening.....Went to the door this evening and my cat tried to dart in and i jamned my hand against door. No outword skin damage. Needless to say starlight is banished outside tonight......
It must b the lunar eclipse.
Has anyone brought your surgical team any treats or snacks? Is there any surgical team etiquette that would b a classy thought? Just thinking outside the box a little.......Ok. Have managed to live in mosquito country and virtually no bites this week. I have decided to work tom. Bfore surgery. Thought it would help pass time. Ok. Have a great week everyone.:kittymilk::puppysmooze::kittykiss:
 
@ploganea and @topgun I'm thinking about you both and wishing successful surgery with a great outcome and a speedy recovery. I will be thinking about you tomorrow as I prepare for my trip Wednesday. I know you will both be fantastic and so happy to have your lives back. We are so lucky to live in this time with the technology we have today. I am so grateful to have this opportunity now and so appreciate of the support from everyone. I'll be watching for your new threads on the other side.
 
Thank you. My scratch is about 90 percent healed. Other 2 ingrown hairs are 95 percent healed....... stressed but giving it to Lord tonight. THANK YOU everyone for kind encouragement and prayers. :bored::alarm::mooncat:
 
I am so excited for our two Sapphires slated for their new hips today!! prayers and healing thoughts going up..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom