2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all July people! I had my surgery Monday and so far so good. It's hard being so dependent upon others but I'm hanging in there. Four days out now, at home. How are you other July stars doing?
 
Glad to hear all went well. Mine is on 20th. Coming soon now. Not as nervous as I thought I would be but I've got one more week of work to focus on. Keep us posted on your progress! I hope you have a swift recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Welcome, Bodity. Been wondering about my Monday sisters. Hope all went well and that you are trying out your new buddy, slowly and carefully. Went to first PT today and woke up parts of my new baby; he's been crying a little ever since. But my new best friend Marshal Oxy takes very good care of him and me. Eager to hear your thoughts on this and your experiences as we take the long journey to full recovery.
 
@boditty, great to hear your surgery went well.My surgery is Tuesday @2:30. Attended orientation today and feeling encouraged about my journey. Get plenty of rest.
 
Oh boy it is getting busy now - I am Thursday!! @Braunzie is Monday, @Lacy21 is Tuesday - do we have anyone on Wednesday????? So glad you are good @boditty Best of luck to you girls coming up right before me!!!
 
Hi, I'm having revision surgery on my right knee on July 16th. My device loosened after only 18 months. I'm nervous.
Linda
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 15 jbrooklyn (bilateral)
06 July 15 PamelaColorado, Rob 68, boditty
07 July 15 cowgal
09 July 15 Slainte
10 July 15 Deeann, mennalou
13 July6 15 mfb, Braunzie
14 July 15 Lacy21, SarahJane
15 July 15 MsBlue
16 July 15 iivesfam5, newlinda (revision)
20 July 15 CBH, Ella61
21 July 15 cpd599, Lili
23 July 15 Majic (her second)
27 July 15 Cindy knits
 
It is looking like I may not be a July Sparkler after all. Having recovered from my pulled muscles nicely, I started with back pain, an Osteopath corrected my slightly twisted pelvis -from the same fall- but I am in a lot of pain still. Yesterday a PT diagnosed a bulging disc pressing on the sciatic nerve! I don't think this will heal anything like as quickly as pulled muscles. I am taking some painkillers, but am terrified of getting constipation, especially as we are now on holiday. It just seems to be one thing after another. We are staying at a v nice hotel with beautiful views, and everyone in our party of 18 has gone out except me. I am feeling pretty fed up.
Fortunately I have the Hospital phone number with me, and intend to phone on monday morning. I expect the surgeon will want to postpone the operation until I have recovered fully, which I know could be months. Which will just drag everything out into winter again which is what I didn't want as we were planning a nice autumn holiday when I had recovered. Will let you know whether to cross me off or not, but I suspect it will be yes"
Yours miserably,
Jackie
 
Oh I hope they don't postpone your surgery. That's all u needed, more stress on top of the stress around the surgery. It doesn't seem fair. Stay strong. I'll keep my fingers crossed for u.
 
@Majic My husband had a bulging disc, and he eventually got a Cortisone shot for it at the pain clinic. Fixed him right up, but that will back your surgery up 2-3 months if you end up having that type of shot. However, it relieves the pain almost immediately. He recovered fully after that.
 
@Majic, sending you healing hugs. @newlinda, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I've been getting some anxiety as my date gets closer. When that happens I slow myself down and say "when I breathe in, I breathe in faith. When I breathe out, I breathe out fear." Over and over and over. Until I'm calmer. Maybe that might help.
 
Add me to the group.. I'm scheduled for bilateral tkr on July 22 & 24.. I'm scared but so ready... Just everyday chores land me knocked out in pain.. I'm so ready to be able to do things without pain.. Those getting btkr are yours staggered? My Dr died then that way and he is awesome.. I go to my preop appt next week... I'm more nervous about the ivs which is crazy but my last two knee surgeries they had to use pediatric ivs so it's not looking good.. They are saying probably a central line in my neck so they can keep iv open for several days.. I'll be in hospital about 5-6 days and then Dr will decide if I go to rehab or home.. I'm kinda wanting rehab for the pt
 
Good luck. Im 2 days before you. What kind of previous knee surgeries?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Meniscus removal both knees .. One twice.. My right is totally out of alignment and my left is bad too.. Last surgery in April showed grade 4 arthritis.. I hurt all the time... I also have a huge Baker cyst behind my right knee.. I'm looking forward to that being gone... It's huge!!
 
Ouch. Good luck. Sounds like you have a great attitude I'm sure you will feel tremendous relief.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Hi! I would like to join this thread. I will be having my LTKR July 21st.
 
Hello ladies! After my pcp schedule me for all my pre op and everything turned out normal .afterwards he schedule me for a stress test for the reason that I'm an ex smoker (stop 15 years a go). And of course I can't exercise ,so the only option is Myoview.but I still don't have insurance authorization and with luck I can get it done the 16th. I'm hoping it does not give me a false positive Grr.. Or I would have to reschedule the surgery.
Dr said he clears me if I sign a release form. I'm thinking of doing just that for the reason that my left knee is so bad I'm limping ,can't bend my knee when I walk and can't do more than 10 steps. Also my job only gave me until October 21st. I have been on desability for a while almost a year.my last dr cancelled me because he did not accept the California care any more , so there I when on a search for another specialist until I found Dr Samimi, he is great. I really don't know what to do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom