2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Lili, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!
 
Thank you for adding me to this thread I am so happy I found it .
Yes, my surgery is scheduled for July 21st. Im a little puzzled about my pcp, After all myMy pre op came back normal my doc ordered a myoview stress test. I don't understand why . I don't want anything to come out wrong, I am so ready for my surgery. I don't think the post op pain will be more than the pain I'm having right now I can barely walk but im puzzled about my pcp ordering that test
 
@Lili, We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start your new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
@Ella61, @SarahJane and @MsBlue many thanks for your encouragement and helpful suggestions. I shall try to contact OS tomorrow and see what he says. It looks like we will have to abort our holiday to get back for him to see me. I don't seem to be improving at all, and painkillers not doing my appetite much good. He may think that knee op would give disc problem time to heal, but I fear not.
J
 
Stay strong. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
I'd like to join this group. I'm having TKR on July 21st. I had micro fracture surgery on this knee Nov. 20, 2013 - drilled holes into my kneecap in hopes to make scar tissue to mimic cartilage. Was down for 8 months! Was able to go back to work last year (I'm a 5th grade teacher), but pain and bone on bone came back quickly. Went for 2nd and 3rd opinions. Both were shocked that my first surgeon did the micro fracture. Anyway, to make a long story short…..I'm now scheduled to have the replacement. I'm excited, but worried about the recovery. Although my surgeon says that it will be better than what I went through with the micro fracture.

Just found Bonesmart and am glad to find a place for information and sharing. After reading posts and articles, I realize I have some prep work to do. I have a class on Tuesday so that should be helpful. I had no warning or prepping for recovery for micro fracture and have planned things based on what I needed for that.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to more posts and helpful information from you all.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 15 jbrooklyn (bilateral)
06 July 15 PamelaColorado, Rob 68, boditty
07 July 15 cowgal
09 July 15 Slainte
10 July 15 Deeann, mennalou
13 July6 15 mfb, Braunzie
14 July 15 Lacy21, SarahJane
15 July 15 MsBlue
16 July 15 iivesfam5, newlinda (revision)
20 July 15 CBH, Ella61
21 July 15 cpd599, Lili, sologros
22 July Pansy727 (her first)
23 July 15 Majic (her second)
24 July 15 Pansy727 (her second)
27 July 15 Cindy knits, Lynnallison175
28 July 15 Stefny
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Pansy727, you have been officially added twice to the July surgery list!

(FYI: You cannot be considered a bilateral because you are having two separate surgeries, but you will be having a bilateral recovery. I had my knees done this way, too.)
 
Today I have had good news. I phoned OS's secretary and told her my tale of woe. She spoke to him and phoned me back. He has seen MRI scans of my back and is certain that there is no long term deep seated back problem and thinks that my sciatic nerve problem although caused by my fainting and what happened afterwards, could be exacerbated and be prevented from healing by my knee pain and subsequent uneven gait. He is quite happy to go ahead with my TKR as planned so long as he is aware of the problem. Good luck to all you July sparklers, I shall be joining you on the 23rd. See you on the other side.
J
 
yay! @Majic .. i know you are relieved!! i know that my dr also said my lower back problems would be better after my surgery...

@bottomshollow thank you so very very much!

im starting to get nervous!
 
@Pansy727 I am between your first and second. We should follow each other's post op threads to keep in touch with progress.
Jackie
 
My right knee total replacement is July 27th. I did my surgical clearance this evening. I see the cardiologist next week. I received calls today to make arrangements for delivery of the medical equipment my OS has ordered for me; crutches, compression stockings, ice machine and devices to prevent blood clots in my legs. This is now very real for me. Please add me to the July list. Prayers and positive energy to all of the Sparklers.
 
Yes, I am having my TNR right knee on July 28th. Really appreciate this forum. Thank you all!!
 
Hi everyone. My TKR surgery is scheduled on July 28. Does anyone have an opinion on what the most desirous form of anesthesia? I do not want a general....considering a spinal, any opinions?
 
my dr does a spinal . then gives you good meds to knock you out.. that way you are breathing on your own..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom