2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY Pansy 727. I have just enough medical knowledge to be as they say dangerous, LOL however, I tend to feel your response was similar to mine.

im the same way.. i get to overthinking everything.. ive had 3 surgeries and my daughter has had 5 or 6 (i lost count) with one major one.. its like i have read too much! LOL

Still....I really appreciate your input. Surgery is a frightening thought and it is helpful to hear from others who have been through it. Do you have any regrets at all? I mean do you think you would of been better off if you did not have surgery at all?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 15 jbrooklyn (bilateral)
06 July 15 PamelaColorado, Rob 68, boditty
07 July 15 cowgal
09 July 15 Slainte
10 July 15 Deeann, mennalou
13 July6 15 mfb, Braunzie
14 July 15 Lacy21, SarahJane
15 July 15 MsBlue
16 July 15 iivesfam5, newlinda (revision)
20 July 15 CBH, Ella61
21 July 15 cpd599, Lili, sologros
22 July Pansy727 (her first)
23 July 15 Majic (her second)
24 July 15 Pansy727 (her second), Complaintdesk
27 July 15 Cindy knits, Lynnallison175
28 July 15 Stefny, zombie fan

I haven't had mine yet..mine is the 22 & 24.. But I can't see continuing like I am..I'm so tired of hurting

I see that you have had a few operations....I hope you upcoming surgery corrects all of your issues and you are done for a while. Wishing you well.

the only surgery i regret is the last one.. and i think the reason is b/c all it did was aggravate my knee

I am so sorry to hear this Pansy727...however, better times a head. :)

Left knee replacement scheduled for Friday July 24th, @ VGH. I am really looking forward to playing golf, water-skiing and being able to walk on sand again.

welcome!! i can tell you this.. im ready to be able to walk on sand again too.. and we are knee buddies.. my left is being done on the 24th too!

Thank you. I keep having pain in the back of my knee. So bad i cant bend my leg.my knee is bone on bone and the knee cap is on the side of my knee.it always hurts.

Hi Zombie fan and Welcome!! I am new member as well. I am due to have total knee replacement on my right knee on July 28th. Regarding your complaint of pain behind the knee and bone on bone. I have the same issue (pain behind the knee) in addition to the bone on bone pain. Actually, I have it in both knees and this has been going on for about three years. I have had all of the different injections and cortisone etc. with very little positive result. I am always looking for an answer regarding pain behind the knee. I have both been told and read that it is most likely fluid build up behind the knee. Not sure if this is the exact cause as it has been difficult getting an answer. However, it seems reasonable to me. Are you planning or have you had any surgeries as of yet? :)

The pain behind my knee is caused by a huge baker cyst which is a cyst full of fluid from the irritation in my knee.. I am looking forward to it being gone

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Pansy Thanks for your input. I have heard of this before. However, personally I do not have a lump or cyst....or at least one that is visable. I am so rooting for you for your upcoming surgery.....very brave of you to do two surgeries so close together. I will definitely be watching for your posts!!! :)

Thank you stefny for your support.me and you are surgery buddies same day surgery. Pansy i also may have bakers cyst behind knee l feel.big bumps.i live my life in constant pain so all my daily simple things take all my energy.im blessed with two awesome sons and a home so all else will fall in line bless all

Wishing you well Zombie Fan!! Hang in there it won't be long now. We are surgery buddy's are we? Mine is July 28. I will be watching for your posts and wishing you well!!:loll:

@Stefny You asked about anaesthetics. I had a general for my first TKR, and am having one again next week for my second. I worry about spinals, as I had one for a pain block, and the feeling did not return to either leg for 24hours longer than expected. The nurses couldn't get me to the loo and had to prop me up to sit me up. It was quite a frightening experience so I did not want to risk having a dead leg for two days.
Whichever you choose I hope all goes well for you. Mine is next Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back