2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much!! I just did some reading and found that even an increased heart rate can cause that kind of change, and the assistant at my OS office listened to my chest and said my heart rate was up and I said yes I am anxious. I am just betting that was what caused it and it is nothing. But with this being an elective surgery everyone has to give a green light or its a no go. So it is just a bump in the road, it was just that I had been without my nsaids for several days and my pain was bad due to it and now I have to go thru all that again. Not my idea of a good time but part of the process. But nevertheless still aggravating!!
 
Jamie, can you please add me to the list for October 22nd?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 October 14 D10snut
06 October 14 tnyankee, jeanrtco (bilateral), B0etijlc, Allthejays (her first)
07 October 14 newkneesnc
08 October 14 Monkeyknee, Island Girl, TeeEm
09 October 14 E'sknees, Maeve, Agatha's mom
13 October 14 Racewalker45, pain free (bilateral), thebbmurphy
14 October 14 tmwillia (her second), [Robo37 (his second), blueskymum (bilateral)
15 October 14 rogersne
17 October 14 Clipless
20 October 14 madinana (her second), Toomuchfun (his first)
21 October 14 HerbM (bilateral), Lusknewknees , Glassfish , ConnieJOS , PeterinMontreal
22 October 14 Minnie's knees
23 October 14 PrincessTia
28 October 14 SaraP , avj123 (bilateral)
29 October 14 [ pinot
30 October 14 bigmik (bilateral)
 
Welcome, @Clipless.....how about starting a thread of your own here in the pre-op forum and telling us a little bit about yourself. We love getting to know our members. And, if you have any questions or concerns we'd be happy to chat about them.
 
Being scared isn't surprising. Try not to be too worried about it though. I had my first knee replaced last October and didn't think the surgery and recovery was too difficult compared to some surgeries. Stay positive and you'll be through it before you know it.



TerriM 10/28/13
 
Mysticfairy, I had the same experience. Last week I an echo and nuclear stress test and it was all fine. Better too have your surgery delayed than have any surprises, tight? Good luck to you!


TerriM 10/28/13
 
Good morning October Feisties! My name is Peter, I'm 51 years old and I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I will be having a TKR of my left knee on October 21 (I just lost a week of planning...they called yesterday and moved my day from the 28th to the 21st! Yay!) Once I heal from my left knee surgery I will be having a TKR of my right knee in January 2015. Thankfully for Canadian social systems, this costs me nothing out of pocket except for my taxes which I gladly pay...especially since I had cancer when I was in my 20s and now with a double TKR coming!

As I am a researcher, I have decided to do an ethnographic documentary of events leading up to, during and after surgery to give others hope and to provide a realistic view of what people can expect as they embark on this journey. Please feel free to visit and sign up for the group...my goal is to touch 1,000,000 people who are affected by knee issues or know someone who is. You can find the group www.facebook.com/groups/754410474606726/

Please sign up and share this with your friends...

Peter
 
@ConnieJOS you are inspiring. If you can do iwhat you have done surely I can do a LTKR. My date is also October 21. I go in the hospital at 11am. Looking forward to it! I will be thinking of you and others who will have theirs on October 21. Just think, no need for a Halloween costume this year. We can scare the kids with our scars!
 
Thanks so much @PeterinMontreal ! Not sure what time my surgery will be on the 21st. They will call me the day before and tell me. They wait until the last minute. I'm very interested in what you are doing here and on your facebook page. I'm doing fine, but compared to the hips, it is a slow recovery process. Just for your records, though, the knee I got is the Stryker Triathlon. It's the one they call the "get around" knee. One thing I can say is, it has given me great flexion. I measured at 120 degrees the day after surgery, then was at 146 within six weeks! My surgeon said that's more than any of his patients yet, so something must be working well! I wish you the best for your surgery and look forward to reading about your progress. Be sure to start a thread in the post op area. Best wishes!
 
@ConnieJOS , @PeterinMontreal - Those of us getting our new knees on the 21st of October will become members of a unique fraternity/sorority. I am happy we can share our experiences in this forum. I wish you both nothing but good things as you travel down this road and hope you come out strong and ready to recover on the other side!:thumb: I see my os on the 16th and expect I'll have a better idea of time, etc. Scared/anxious/excited/optimistic/determined -so many emotions!
 
I am having both my knees replaced on October 14th- I am 56, and have been putting up with pain in the left knee for over five years. This year the right knee has deteriorated and I am almost looking forward to the surgery and getting back to a more active life, although I am pretty anxious about it. I'll be following all my October mates progress, and wish you all a speedy recovery.
 
@Lusknewknees , thanks. Your story is very interesting. You are very young. I should have had mine done at about 35 but they didn't recommend it as at the time they said you could really only do it twice and they apparently lasted about 15 years. So I'm really keen to have this surgery as it's been pain over a long time. I'm feeling positive and wishing everyone's experiences will be positive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom