Guest viewing is limited

2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 October 14 D10snut
06 October 14 tnyankee, jeanrtco (bilateral), B0etijlc, Allthejays (her first)
07 October 14 newkneesnc
08 October 14 Monkeyknee, Island Girl, TeeEm
09 October 14 E'sknees, Maeve, Agatha's mom
13 October 14 Racewalker45, pain free (bilateral), thebbmurphy
14 October 14 tmwillia (her second), [Robo37 (his second), blueskymum (bilateral)
15 October 14 rogersne
17 October 14 Clipless
20 October 14 madinana (her second), Toomuchfun (his first)
21 October 14 HerbM (bilateral), Lusknewknees , Glassfish , ConnieJOS , PeterinMontreal
22 October 14 Minnie's knees, newlife68
23 October 14 PrincessTia
27 October 14 Cynrob
28 October 14 SaraP , avj123 (bilateral)
29 October 14 pinot, klpgsd, numbzee
30 October 14 bigmik (bilateral)
 
My surgery is scheduled for October 29 th.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi, I'm having LTKR on 22nd oct, kinda wishing I was having both done, since stopping the anti immflamtory I realise how bad my right knee is!
 
Hi, Iam having LTKR on 29th. Iam starting to notice that my right knee is acting up. Wonder if it is because of favoring my left knee or am I going to end up with both knees needing eventual replacement. I think I would rather have both knees at the same time just to get it over with but then again yikes the pain and long recovery! Good luck with your surgery on the 22nd!



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, @Cynrob , it's almost here! It'll be done before you know it. I'm sure you will be nervous. We all were, but try not to worry. It's never as bad as you think it will be. There are many people here to give support. Be sure to start a thread in the recovery forum so we can check in on you. Best wishes!

Connie
 
My surgery is scheduled for October 29 th.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@numbzee Getting close for both of us...if I'm going to have pain now and no chance of my knee getting better then I'm ready to get it over pain or no pain because I want to enjoy the rest of my days and be on the healing side. I don't walk normal now because of the hurt and it is affecting muscles in my right lower back...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi- I hope things went well with your surgery! This is a wonderful group. Everyone is very helpful and we all are thinking about you!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oops you can tell I'm a very Jr. member as I just saw surgery is next week - same applies though - we are all on your side ! You will do great!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Margueritte Was your reply for me? My surgery is the 29th...I agree about the group..very helpful and informative...I'll answer your question after I get out of the hospital which hopefully will be November 1
 
Oops you can tell I'm a very Jr. member as I just saw surgery is next week - same applies though - we are all on your side ! You will do great!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

I'm new too and don't know all the time what I'm doing LOL
 
Iam new too and trying to figure how to post and reply to this forum. Just trying my best. I just went to a two hour seminar on my up coming surgery. Lots of information and this to know about. I have acrylic nails and they said you have to remove one of the nails so they can use the oxygen meter! Just found out my surgeon prefers a spinal for anesthesia. I am hoping to only be in the hospital for one night. He uses a minimal incision with computer assist for total knee replacement. Iam having my keft knee done this Wed. The 29th. My right knee is starting to get sore I think from limping so much around because of my other knee. My back is hurting too! I understand! I will be thinking about you too on Wednesday !
 
@numbzee Never heard of acrylic nail problem..I'm having a spinal, femoral nerve block, tourniquet and light sedation...my OS said 3 days for me, possibly 4..hope it is no more than 3...I'll be thinking of you too. I'm getting more achy on my back from walking like Lurch LOL....I watched the video of the actual surgery..interesting.
 
Hi, You got all your bases covered! You're getting the works! Good for you .. Hopefully it will take care of the pain for a couple days with the femoral block. I wished I could have that too. I am not taking my ipad with me to the surgery so I will write back to you as soon as I get back home. I am hoping I will be a good girl and they let me out Thursday. We'll see!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom