2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@pain free, you have been officially added to the October surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 October 14 @D10snut
06 October 14 @tnyankee, @jeanrtco (bilateral)
08 October 14 @Monkeyknee
09 October 14 @E'sknees, @Maeve
13 October 14 @Racewalker45, @pain free (bilateral), @thebbmurphy
14 October 14 @tmwillia (her second)
15 October 14 @rogersne
20 October 14 @madinana (her second)
21 October 14 @HerbM (bilateral), @Lusknewknees, @Glassfish
29 October 14 @pinot
 
I am scheduled for a left tkr on October 21, 2014. My first. Looking forward to learning and sharing with this forum to help each other along.
 
I'm having a RTKR on October 21st. Hoping to be able to keep up with my grand kids when I am done with my rehab. I miss not being able to go to the zoo or the beach and really enjoy myself with them!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Glassfish, you have been officially added to the October surgery list!

(Welcome to BoneSmart from another Tarheel.)
 
Well @E'sknees ...we're surgery buddies! Lots of mutual support,! And @Monkeyknee , you are one day in the lead.
My surgery is Oct 9! Best of luck and keep posting. Would love you to tag me so we can share our progress!
 
Glad to see I have a surgery buddy for October 9th...I'm scared beyond belief. I keep looking at my knees and think they will never look the same after the surgery.:dubious:
 
Hi @E'sknees ,
I know how you feel but this is my second "walk in the park" had a very complex Thr in April last year and my hip is fantastic. The anticipation is the hardest part. Once you get to op day it all falls into place. First week is a bit tough but good pain killers make it easier. After that you start to see results and all the physio etc keeps you busy and focussed. I know knees are different and more difficult but the result will be worth it! I take it on as a bit of a project with. TO DO list, lots of research, My own goal recovery timeline., organising friend's visits and coffee runs.i know...typical Type A personality. We'll be just fine :console2:
 
Thanks for your encouragement. I am a massage therapist and I know a lot about anatomy. I'm in very good shape and I plan on returning to work as early as six weeks. I massage people and horses and I can't afford to lose any clients because of my disability. So it's the recovery time the frightens me. I work for myself so if I don't work I don't make money. And it's not helpful when I see people talk about recoveries that take many months. But I truly appreciate everyone's kind words and I know we just have to get through this.
 
I am scheduled for TKR October 29. I delayed surgery to attend a wedding on the East Coast but because of limited mobility I don't know if I will be able to go.
 
Maybe you could get on the list a little earlier?:unsure: Wish I could be scheduled tomorrow! Lol!
 
@Maeve and @E'sknees, ladies please post things like the above in your personal threads. This thread is primarily for listing surgery dates so members can see who is having surgery in October. It is fine to wish members well close to their surgery dates, but other postings with one another should be done in your own threads. Thanks for your cooperation.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@thebbmurphy, you have been officially added to the October surgery list!


(I will officially remove you from the September list :heehee:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom