2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having PKR on October 9th. I am having the "rare" patello-femoral replacement. The surgeon is allowing me to do it as outpatient as I am still "young" (46). I am starting to get nervous if I made the right decision to do it as outpatient.
Anyone else? Any tips?
 
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you joined our team for October. Your questions will be better in a thread of your own. How about popping over to the Knee Pre-Op forum and starting one? If you need help, check out the articles under the How To Use This Forum link under the Help & Info tab at the top of the page.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 October 14 @D10snut
06 October 14 @tnyankee, @jeanrtco (bilateral)
07 October 14 @newkneesnc
08 October 14 @Monkeyknee, @Island Girl
09 October 14 @E'sknees, @Maeve, @Agatha's mom
13 October 14 @Racewalker45, @pain free (bilateral), @thebbmurphy
14 October 14 @tmwillia (her second), @Robo37 (his second)
15 October 14 @rogersne
20 October 14 @madinana (her second)
21 October 14 @HerbM (bilateral), @Lusknewknees, @Glassfish, @ConnieJOS
23 October 14 @PrincessTia
28 October 14 @fiberlady (her second)
29 October 14 @pinot
30 October 14 @bigmik (bilateral)
 
Hi am new to this site...i am having a bilateral total knew replacements on 10-30-31..and i will be needing some support..happy to have found this site...am scared but soooo ready for this pain to stop...
 
I am having RTKR October 21, 2014!

@HerbM @Lusknewknees @Glassfish I'm glad to see I have some same day surgery buddies! I've had my LTKR already and my post op thread is "My Life on the Other Side". There's a link to it in my signature below. Let's stay in touch!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am scheduled for the LTKR on October 28th. The right knee was done May 2013, my right hip was done December 2012. A little nervous this time only because I am scheduled as outpatient. My OS thinks I can handle it and I think it will be all right, but my husband is concerned. I think he is making me nervous. My sister is coming to stay with me.
 
I am scheduled for a LTKA on Oct 7th. As the time is approaching getting more and more nervous. I guess the loss of control is what scares me the most. Now I am having pain in my rt knee which doesn't help matters.
 
I am having PKR on October 9th. I am having the "rare" patello-femoral replacement. The surgeon is allowing me to do it as outpatient as I am still "young" (46). I am starting to get nervous if I made the right decision to do it as outpatient.
Anyone else? Any tips?
. It is common to be nervous, but since you are wondering if you made the right decision to do it outpatient talk with your OS about keeping you for 23 hours afterwards. That way you can be sure you have adequate pain control, and also your insurance will still consider it an outpatient procedure. Good luck.
 
I'm having my second TKR (right knee) on October 14. My left knee TKR was done on January 5, 2014 and is doing great with full ROM.
 
Since we have quite a few cats, and I will be home by myself during the day, I will be going into an inpatient rehab, after my stay at the hospital, following my TKR next month. My doctor had already planned the inpatient rehab, but before I found out my partner and I discussed what would be best. I'd like to know out of the people who have upcoming surgery, how many of you plan to go to inpatient rehab, and those who have had a replacement and went to an inpatient rehab what did you think of the rehab. I feel comfortable with the idea, because besides the thought of tripping over our fur babies, I tend to develop an infection after surgery. I realize that inpatient rehabs are different from state to state, I am just wanting some input.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom