2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all....12th oct is coming nearer...getting a bit scared... I have had many major surgeries so far...but this is a transplant...a foreign body is put inside our body...I hope all goes well..wish me luck..
 
@pain free You will be fine! I've had two hip replacements and one knee replacement since March, and my other knee is scheduled for Oct 21. I was nervous too. And I won't kid you, recovery is not fun, but it's not as bad as most people think it will be. Just stay focused on the end result. Just like your user name says, PAIN FREE! I wish you the best.
 
I'm having both knees done on 14th October. Put it off for so long now, but now I am well and truly ready to get back to an active life!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 October 14 @D10snut
06 October 14 @tnyankee, @jeanrtco (bilateral), @B0etijlc, @Allthejays (her first)
07 October 14 @newkneesnc, @mystikfairy61 (her second)
08 October 14 @Monkeyknee, @Island Girl, @TeeEm
09 October 14 @E'sknees, @Maeve, @Agatha's mom
13 October 14 @Racewalker45, @pain free (bilateral), @thebbmurphy
14 October 14 @tmwillia (her second), @Robo37 (his second), @blueskymum (bilateral)
15 October 14 @rogersne
20 October 14 @madinana (her second)
21 October 14 @HerbM (bilateral), @Lusknewknees, @Glassfish, @ConnieJOS
23 October 14 @PrincessTia
28 October 14 @fiberlady (her second), @SaraP
29 October 14 @pinot
30 October 14 @bigmik (bilateral)
 
I am scheduled for RTKR Oct. 28. Absolutely terrified!!! Glad I found this site.
 
Hi again,I am back with a date, Oct 7th but late surgery 4pm. I think it is God's way of let's get this done this time, without any time to worry and barely enough time to get stuff done beforehand. @ConnieJOS Wow to have had all of that done this year, and I thought I was doing alot having my right hip done back in Feb and left knee in Oct. I have followed all of the October Feisties so I can keep up with you all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am having TKR on my right knee Oct 6, 2014. I have had surgery twice on this knee and twice on my left knee for meniscus tears. I am very nervous about having the replacement surgery. I've heard the pain is very bad and recovery is hard.
 
Hi everybody, I am due a tkr on my right knee on 6th October. I have been reading some posts and have received a lot of good advice. I am 44 years old and starting to be a little apprehensive. I have never had any type of surgery in the past. Tkr due one left knee 12 weeks after this one.
 
hello...I want to know..do we start some exercises before the operation...just 15days left...my doc didnt say anything...is anyone doing them...but as it is there is so much pain...new exercises will mean more pain...:yawn:
 
After having a very successful left hip replacement in april last year, Im back on the forums and having a right knee replacement on the 8th October
 
Well once again, I am going to have to be taken off the schedule. This time I got a call from my OS office. apparently when I had my preop EKG done, there were some ST wave changes that are different from the last time and they want a cardiac clearance before they will do my knee. SO I have a cardiac appt on the 15th and they will be looking for a new surgery date for me. I will post on my preop thread and let you all know what is up.
 
Scared. 45 years old. Having Both Knees replaced 10/28/14
 
Bless your heart. That's tough. I had the same thing happen to me. My first date was Sep 22nd. Thankfully I passed all the cardiac testing and will be having my TKR Monday, Oct 6. Prayers for a good report and a new date soon for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom