2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am having both hips done on Jan 7. They can't come fast enough :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
Looks like you've really been through a lot! That is very brave of you to have both hips done at one time! I'll be praying for you.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

06 January 14 @dickinson
07 January 14 @jenb (bilateral), @Madowa
10 January 14 @avalina (revision & bone graft)
13 January 14 @Daooneill
14 January 14 @ARHip (revision)
15 January 14 @Doyley
16 January 14 @summertime
17 January 14 @shrinkette, @beaglador
20 January 14 @Everyday344041
21 January 14 @Freaky freak (bilateral)
22 January 14 @Karisa7174, @Kasey2009, @nettie
27 January 13 @hoogy (her first), @Photodestiny
28 January 14 @DrToonz (bilateral)
29 January 14 @chris_kelowna
30 January 14 @jebrig3164 (her first), @Megan33
 
January is usually one of our busiest months for surgery and it looks like 2014 is going to be the same. Congratulations to all you January Jackpots!!!
 
Earlier today there many more people listed for January!! What happened?? I know that Dickinson goes tomorrow, 1/6, and Madowa and someone else later in the month on the same day, & others. I think there were about 16 names. Cyber-gremlins are afoot, methinks.
 
@shrinkette, I see about 18 or so just 3 posts or so above your recent post. Or maybe they've reappeared!
 
........good luck to "all," it's a "breeze,"........God bless....you all will "do" and be just fine...."M" from NJ
 
I'm having THR 1/30 - I have been in so much pain for years and although really nervous, looking forward to a new life. I will have to have both done, but just having the most painful one done for now. Any tips? Thank you! I'm very happy to have found this forum
 
Hi, Megan....welcome to BoneSmart! You'll find LOTS of tips here. How 'bout starting a thread of your own in the Pre-op forum and we can all chat more easily with you there. Tell us a bit more about yourself and your hips....
 
@Megan33, prior to your surgery, somethings you can do is place "things" (that you may use on a day to day basis )"up to your waist level, " because remember, you won't be able to bend down to "get anything," you will be able to utilize them easily when you get home after surgery; like toiletries, clothing, laundry detergents, cleaning supplies, etc. ...it'll make for an easy transition for you when you get home, cause you'll be limited in your mobility for some time. ..also my husband got some "risers" and placed them under our sofa and the recliner, that also helped me alot....I am still sleeping in our recliner, hope this info helps, you'll be just fine, I am 25 days post-op, just started to use the cane, coming along gradually, but all is good. Good luck and God bless you!!!
 
New to this forum - so glad I found it!! Having THR on my left hip on January 22nd. Had my right hip replaced four months ago, and still recovering from that. Good luck to all the January Jackpot winners!!
 
I will have an anterior RTHR on 29th of January - unless they can fit me in earlier! Very excited, scared, excited :) Can't wait for it to all be over.
 
I will update as soon as I am able :) 2.5 more days in work then I'm outta here.

My only concern at the minute is that my ankle on the opposite leg has ballooned up the last couple of days and I can barely walk on it. I think it's to do with the way I'm compensating my gait at the minute though and working against the shoes I wear, which are specially made for me. It doesn't hurt nowhere near as much if I am bare foot. But I'll see how it goes over the weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom