2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I'm going back to the Doctor Dec 17 and he wants to set a date for both hips at the same time. I am 45 years old and weigh 300 pounds and other than the weight no health issues . been loosing weight juicing as all green vegatbles very little fruit . I'm very scared but can't live like this any longer. The pain is a 10 all day ... I'm on a walker now.... Please help encourage me!!!!!!?
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!​

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
​

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

06 January 14 dickinson
07 January 14 @jenb (bilateral)
08 January 14 BeckyR (her second)
10 January 14 @avalina (revision & bone graft)
13 January 14 Daooneill
16 January 14 @summertime, @r30kk
17 January 14 @shrinkette
21 January 14 Freaky freak (bilateral)

22 January 14 @Karisa7174, Kasey2009
27 January 13 @hoogy (her first)
28 January 14 @DrToonz (bilateral)
​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 35yrs old and Having THR January 13th...
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
Daooneill, you have been officially added to the January surgery list!


Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
I'll be having a LTHR on January 8th. Thought I'd have more of a honeymoon after my RTHR (July 11), but my left hip started giving me problems and deteriorated fast. Looking forward to getting it done. No fear, because everything went so well in July.
 
Correction: My RTHR was July 10 -- not 11th. Just saw it after I posted! In any case, almost six months to the day.
 
Hi BeckyR - you are going to be an old hand with your second THR, roll on January :)
 
Welcome Kasey2009, looks like we will be getting new hips on the same day, I'm scheduled for a LTHR that day too! Welcome to Bonesmart, you'll find lots on information and support on here.
 
Sending warm and positive thoughts to all who are going to be January Jackpots! I just found out yesterday I am scheduled for January 16th left side THR. Trying to stay optimistic and knowing my pain will be gone!!
 
r30kk congrats on getting a date!! Looks like we will be going to both be getting rid of some pain in January! Looking forward to a new year with a new hip!
 
Going in January 27 to have right hip total replacement. I had the left one done on march 4 2013
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom