2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bottomshollow Sadly, for personal reasons I've had to cancel my surgery on Jan. 17th. :sad: Have to say I'm gutted.
Would you please remove my name from the list? I'll be back when I get a new surgery date.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting
06 January 14 @dickinson
07 January 14 @jenb (bilateral), @Madowa
10 January 14 @avalina (revision & bone graft)
13 January 14 @Daooneill
14 January 14 @ARHip (revision)
15 January 14 @Doyley
16 January 14 @summertime
20 January 14 @Everyday344041
21 January 14 @Freaky freak (bilateral)
22 January 14 @Karisa7174, @Kasey2009, @nettie
27 January 13 @hoogy (her first), @Photodestiny
28 January 14 @DrToonz (bilateral), @shrinkette
29 January 14 @chris_kelowna, @grandma chris
30 January 14 @jebrig3164 (her first), @Megan33
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@beaglador, I know what you're feeling as I also had my first knee surgery cancelled at the last moment. Will be looking forward to adding you back to the surgery list very soon.
 
THR tomorrow morning... Nurse just told me I'm first on the list...!! Fingers crossed OS wasn't on the beer for the weekend..
 
All the best. I'm on for Friday -- second on the schedule. Happy anesthetized dreams &, more importantly, happy new hip. Wishing you tons if good luck!!!
 
Thanks folks for your well wishes... 8 hours to go and counting...
 
@beaglador, so sorry to hear of your cancellation - it is tough to become emotionally ready and then deflated with a cancellation. I personally was cancelled 3 times in 2 weeks - you are in my thoughts x
 
Best wishes @Daooneill we will be looking forward to your first post surgery update :)
 
Hello Poppet... Thank you for your well wishes...

Had the Op first thing this morning.. Came to about lunchtime.. Was understandably groggy for the afternoon but wide awake now.. Just finished dinner and looking forward to the Arsenal game at 8pm. I am very comfortable and pain free. Doing my ankle pumps as we speak..
Physio drop over earlier and we had a good long chat. He'll be back at 9am tomorrow and we'll try walking. To be honest I don't think the day could have gone any better. Hats off to the Whitfield Clinic, Waterford, Ireland and my OS Dr. Patrick Carton
 
Awesome news. Glad it went well. Makes me feel better about mine in about 36 hours.
 
@bottomshollow Hate to have to do this, but please change my surgery date from Jan. 17 to Jan. 28. It might still change to Jan. 31, but won't know that for sure until it gets closer. Seems a UTI has popped up & OS doesn't want to proceed with an active infection going on. Thanks very much.
 
@shrinkette, I am happy to change your date as often as necessary. Have changed it to the 28th. If you need another change, just tag me and let me know.
 
Today's the day. Just had my "light breakfast" and I'm due into hospital in about 2-3 hours.
I'll post as soon as I realise which planet I'm on in the post-op section.

Catch you guys on the other side!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom