Guest viewing is limited

2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
@hoogy, you have been officially added to the January surgery list!

When the March thread for surgery goes up, post a reminder about your second surgery so you can be put on that list.
 
Best wishes to all of you!! I am 8 and 6 months out from my surgeries and can definitely tell you... you will be so happy you did this! Life is good!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

06 January 14 @dickinson
07 January 14 @jenb (bilateral)
10 January 14 @avalina (revision & bone graft)
13 January 14 @Daooneill
15 January 14 @Doyley
16 January 14 @summertime
17 January 14 @shrinkette
21 January 14 @Freaky freak (bilateral)
22 January 14 @Karisa7174, @Kasey2009
27 January 13 @hoogy (her first)
28 January 14 @DrToonz (bilateral)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to all our January hippies soon to be :)

We have an online New Years party check out my thread in the social room - Countdown to 2014.

Come join us, we have members from all over the world drop by :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
@r30kk, you have been officially added to the January surgery list!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January? My apologies for overlooking your post.
 
15th January .. LTHR with possible bone graft .. Ceramic on ceramic :)
 
I had multiple bone grafts @Doyley - they had to completely restructure my Acetabulum.

They are excellent and have never caused an issue :)
 
Ah that's good to know :)

I read somebody saying that they couldn't weight bear for 3 months after having a bone graft? Did you have this? My surgeon never mentioned that to me at all, so I'm really hoping it not be the case.
 
THR is not new to me. Had surgery in 2003. MoM with excellent results. Returned to work in 3 weeks and remained active hiking and even cross-country skiing (when there was snow). Running never worked; felt like a jack-hammer in my leg. Things took a turn 2 years ago with severe pain. Saw OS who among other things tested my blood and found elevated Cobalt at 4.7. Hip pain diminished over time with only occasion twinges to remind me things were not the same. Then this past October the severe pain returned and has not let up. Seen OS again. Cobalt at 4.5. Only solution he says is a revision, and soon before bone and more tissue is effected. So far X-ray shows post and socket are firm and tight. Plan is to remove head, replace with ceramic and rework the socket, with plastic and swivel. Date set for 14Jan2014.

This site is great, giving all sort of information. Nothing like it in 2003. Given I'm 52 and relatively healthy, we hope for quick recovery. Yet considering all the somewhat minor health complications that began in 2004 (I was attributing to age), I'm also hoping that at least some of these issues might go away. We wonder if cobalt has been the reason for these system-wide health issues.

ARHip
Rt MoM (2003)
Revision 14Jan2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings. Would you mind adding "her first" after my name on the list above as you did for hoogy? Many thanks.

Merry Christmas!
 
@shrinkette, are you having you other hip done at a later date? That's the reason hoogy has "her first" beside her name--she's having a second hip done in March. If you are let me know and I can make that addition.
 
@bottomshollow Ah! Didn't realize that. Although I will probably need a second at some point, I'll be in a wait-and-see mode after the first, so nothing is scheduled. Sorry about that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ah that's good to know :)

I read somebody saying that they couldn't weight bear for 3 months after having a bone graft? Did you have this? My surgeon never mentioned that to me at all, so I'm really hoping it not be the case.
Hi @Doyley - I have been told that I will probably be non weight bearing for 3 months due to a nuisance cyst in the wrong place in the Acetabulum which will possibly need a bone graft but we will wait and see what comes out in the wash
 
Hi @Doyley - I have been told that I will probably be non weight bearing for 3 months due to a nuisance cyst in the wrong place in the Acetabulum which will possibly need a bone graft but we will wait and see what comes out in the wash
Ahh right. Good luck with that :)
 
My date is now jan 7 for RTHR. Keeping fingers and toes crossed this time!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom